[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been drinking about 8 pints of beer (around 5% abv)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I've been drinking about 8 pints of beer (around 5% abv) perhaps 4 out of 7 days a week, for around a month. I'm now heading back to my parents home for a while before the next academic semester starts (I was working a summer job in a different city). Can someone give me a no-bullshit assessment on my chances of experiencing severe withdrawal effects? I've only recently learned about how bad these can be, and assumed I could just go cold turkey after going home.

pls help, I swear I'm never going to be a degenerate again.
>>
>>17410409
You'll probably be fine.
>>
>>17410409
>Can someone give me a no-bullshit assessment on my chances of experiencing severe withdrawal effects?

No bullshit? It doesn't matter. Stop drinking. Don't give yourself an out. Don't come up with excuses like "oh well, I shouldn't go cold turkey" or "oh, jeez, I'm afraid of withdrawal"

Alcoholism will fuck up your life and ruin every relationship you've ever had and will ever have.

Going home will give you an opportunity to both go cold turkey and tell your parents that you probably have a problem.
>>
>>17410409
You're fine man. The only time you get really bad withdrawals is if you were one of those guys drinking 2-3 bottles of hard alcohol a day.
>>
I am not a doctor, but it takes much more than that to acquire a physical addiction. People drink daily for years before they get the shakes.
>>
>>17410422
>>17410411
>>17410423
Thanks guys, I'm feeling better hearing that.

>>17410418
I hear you man. All the things I used to enjoy are totally lackluster when I'm sober, and I've ended up spending a fortune on beer. Thankfully, when I'm back home there won't be any opportunity to access alcohol.
>>
>>17410440
That's the true demon of recovery. Withdrawal hurts, but the boredom festers. It will take time to feel good again. You just have to keep going. I know it's stupid but what I've always told myself is, "you just have to," as in get up, shower, work. Saying it enough times, you eventually do get up and go. And once you're moving, you realize its really not bad at all. It was just a mental block.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.