[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoo question I'm condisering getting my first one. -How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1469882530373.png (941KB, 1076x920px) Image search: [Google]
1469882530373.png
941KB, 1076x920px
Tattoo question
I'm condisering getting my first one.

-How visible will it be on the underside of your forearm?
I've read that the skin doesn't sag and stretch as much there as you age and also it doesn't receive that much sunlight on a daily basis.
But would it mean that you're forced to wear long-sleeved shirts at work every day?
>>
>>17409601
While people are more flexible with tattoos now, it still doesn't look professional to have them visible. But it depends on your job and company culture. If you really don't want to get it anywhere else, just be sure you'd either like to wear sleeves or your company is chill with it
>>
>>17409601
If you want any management or office job, its still looked down on heavily. If you start in a low position where they dont care and work up, they will know you more for your work than your looks, but still probably ask that you cover it. Just put it on your back and save yourself the hassle.
>>
Dude don't do it tattoo regret sucks ass and the tattoo will probably not come out like you're thinking. taste change and what you think might be cool now might not be so cool in a few years.
>>
>>17409601
>17409601
Why exactly do you want a tattoo? There is nothing cool about them anymore. Tattoos are so common now that if you're under 30 it is more of a statement to keep your skin bare than be tatted up.
>>
>>17409609
>>17409911
These lol.

I only considered one tattoo in my life, but I plan on working in Japan where tattoos=yakuza so I decided against it. If you do not have an actual career goal in mind, I'd wait. You never know where you'll be and how buttmad your employer will be about it.
Also depends what it is. I know a friends mom who's employer normally bans tattoos from sight at work, but she gets a free pass if it shows a little because it's the name and birth date of her daughter that died. It was a small, tasteful, text based memorial tattoo on her wrist, so her employer was willing to let it slide over the dude with the devil riding a Harley tattooed across his bicep.

But I mean, you do what you want. I personally do not see the point in getting a tattoo if you aren't going to show it, otherwise you just seem like an edgy faggot who got one because it's cool but won't face the responsibility of having one. Think about how much your underarm is seen in a day. Only people walking behind you are really gonna notice, and you'll probably be moving so they won't actually see it for what it is anyways.
Also talk with your artist, they can probably better tell you their experiences on this kind of stuff.
>>
Don't get tattoo advice from people who don't have them, they have no idea what they are talking about.

First: most people don't give a shit. This idea of "b-but i'll never grow on my company because of them" is complete bullshit. Now, there are some places where this is partially true, but think about it: If you are in one on these places, chances are you are wearing a suit everyday, which means nobody will ever know you have a tattoo. This is why hiding is important: as long as you don't tattoo your fucking face, you'll be fine.

Second: Don't do it unless you are 100% fine with the fact that it's going to stay with you FOREVER. I am dead serious about this one. I spent almost 2 years thinking about my half-sleeve to avoid this problem, and I'm very happy today.

Third: About >>17409911
Are you a fucking attention whore? Do it because you like it, not because other people have them too.
>>
>>17409953
You can't deny though there are still lots of dumb shit millennials who get tattoos willy nilly because they're "cool" and to say fuck you to mommy and daddy. Like I have quite a few embarrassing friends from high school who have a million ugly, poorly done, meaningless tattoos they did themselves at a party while high. I can't wait for them to get into the real job market with the wobbly lined pot leaf they tatted themselves with no professional advice.

That being said though, I agree with you to some extent that you should get them for yourself mostly and also sit on your design for a long time before you finalize it.
>>
>>17409970
It's true and they will certainly get fucked in life for being this dumb, but again, it's their life, and it's not affecting you in any way, just like you doing one wouldn't affect anyone else's. The difference is that If you want to do something that has meaning to you, you'll not get screwed like them.
>>
>>17409601
Tattoo artist here
>How visible will it be on the underside of your forearm?
as visible as your forearm, it may not get as much sun exposure, but it is still very visible.
If you want a job that doesn't want tattoos on show, then you will have to wear long sleeves.

More to consider in regards to getting a tattoo:
>Do you really want a tattoo?
Don't get one because you like a girl who has tattoos, because you just want one, because you want to fit in with a certain group or alter your appearance for some form of a reputation or something.

>Do you like the design and have you done so for at least a year?
Don't get one because a celebrity has it, don't get one because you currently like a band, song lyrics, your girlfriend's name or a fleeting fad, you will hate it in 6 months and spend loads on just getting it removed.

>Do you have the money to get it done properly?
Don't expect a detailed tattoo with fine lines, shading and precise details if it is out of your budget.

>Do you have the right artist?
Don't go to an artist that doesn't have a portfolio of relevant work and experience, if you want a geometric tattoo, a guy whose only experience is old English writing isn't going to do a great job.

>How visible is it?
Don't get a forearm/hand/neck/head tattoo if your job doesn't allow it, I meet loads of people who just want a tattoo, one guy had "hope" on his eyebrow, then a year later when I saw him he was complaining that he can't find work and can't afford more tattoos, his next tattoo was "love" on his knuckles.

>Is it a bad idea?
For fuck's sake don't get an edgy tattoo, "FUCK POLICE" is not going to look good on your back, a naked woman on your arm isn't going to be a good idea if you try to find work facing the public

Don't get me wrong, some people have tattoos and good jobs, but the majority don't.
I've lost count of how many people have had tattoos covered or removed because they had to get one.
Ask me if you have any further questions
>>
>>17410010
Shit I forgot to add
>Make sure the tattoo is relevant
I've met people who wanted all sorts to represent times in their life, parents divorced? a rose doesn't represent it to anyone other than you, you will have a tattoo that you have to explain, to everyone else, you will just have a rose.
>>
>>17410004
And I'm completely with ya. I think 99% of all tattoos I see are retarded, but I also believe you can do whatever you want to your own body as long as it doesn't affect mine so more power to them. Just don't go whining when it does fuck you over you know? Lol because I won't be listening to it.
>>
>>17410010
>Do you have the money to get it done properly?
I just want to emphasize this point in particular. Idk how many times I've seen people get butchered ugly tattoos because they didn't want to wait long enough to afford a good one. If you're really one of those people that claim it's artwork on your body, then remember good artists spend lots of time, sweat, and money on their pieces. If you're going to BE the canvas, you should only want high quality work on it, don't cheap out.
If the tat is that good and you want it that badly, it'll be worth saving for just one more month to afford it.
>>
>>17410050
Great addition.
It is worth adding that progressively getting a tattoo isn't a bad idea, if a tattoo will take 8 hours to complete, it is easier for you (if it hurts) and your artist to have breaks of a few hours or even weeks.
Tattoo artists might be used to spending a lot of time on tattoos, but they need breaks, especially if it is a complex or detailed tattoo, the last thing you want is an artist who might make a mistake, after all you signed a disclaimer if it doesn't turn out perfect.
Having an unfinished tattoo for a couple of months is a much better option than having one that didn't turn out how you like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.