[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, Recently I've been vacationing at my moms place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (200KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 640x854px
Hey /adv/,

Recently I've been vacationing at my moms place in the states for the summer with her husband and daughter. Everyday it feels like I'm being challenged or made fun of by my step father and step sister.

For example, we would be eating at the dinner table and my step sister would be talking about food and than relate it to how big I am (I'm not big like obese but defentely not skinny) this goes on the entire dinner in front of my mom as she just eats.

Another one is when my brother arrived (He's skinny but tall) my stepdad was all over him talking about him and stuff showing off his old man muscles (Think saggy ass old person body) and he brings up the question of how many times he eats a day, in which he responds 3. This prompts my stepdad to of course reply "Man you should eat more so you can get some meat on yah isn't that right anon?".

Honestly I'm at the point where I want to just pack my things and buy an early plane ticket home because I can't handle all this mental abuse. I just want to know if I might be overthinking it but it's really making this vacation horrible for me.
Also I can't speak their language well as I learned English before my parents primary language so they treat me like I'm autistic when I'm talking to them.

Sorry if there are typos and grammar errors galore It's late.
>>
>>17409398
Just a buy a gun and shoot them, problem solved duder
>>
Screw em why should you cut your holiday short because of those nobs? You'll have done just what they wanted.

Either cuss em back and stick up for yourself, or just ignore them and let them continue being immature bastards.
>>
>>17409947
Yah maybe I should. Worse of all I think is my mom is forcing me to refer to him as "dad" which I feel very uncomfortable with.
>>
You're overreacting.

Almost any time an adult feels comfortable poking fun at you like this, it's because they're comfortable with you, and they like you.

The way you've described it, it doesn't sound like they're trying to cut you down. Depending on their culture, a little bit of poking fun at someone's weight can be pretty normal.

Developing a thick skin for light ribbing is an important part of growing up. Don't take yourself so seriously that you can't take a few minor references to your weight.

As hard as it is (and it is hard), learn how to tell the difference between ill-intentioned insults and casual jokes.
>>
>>17410221
Well it's different than poking fun at when I am the main joke in this family. I had family members who joke about this thing (still Asian family) but never as far as every single day being reminded.

Who knows maybe I am just overreacting but I feel like it's going way too far that I just stay silent as I don't know how to insult back in their language
>>
>>17410235
If you genuinely feel like they're going too far, then tell them. Assert yourself. They're not going to know otherwise.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.