[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, /adv/. > be me > work at a pizza joint > Have mental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 5668683027_4c2784fa98_b.jpg (356KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
5668683027_4c2784fa98_b.jpg
356KB, 1024x685px
Sup, /adv/.
> be me
> work at a pizza joint
> Have mental issues, mostly psychosis, like auditory hallucinations and other psychosis
>be on medication
>find it difficult to concentrate at work
>try again and again to make pizzas right
>keep failing
>having problems with fine motor control
> sauce, cheese and toppings keep coming out wonky
>slowing down work
>get moved to dishes
>Have very few hours now
How do I prevent this from happening again?
>>
By unraveling your core issues and getting the voices to stop, so you can not be distracted and not take shitty medication (that sounds like Abilify) that messes with fine motor control.

First step is rejecting the psychiatric disposition that says you're broken for life. You're not, your brain is functioning the way it is for a reason, and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it's an intrinsic mechanical failure you can only "manage". All evidence points to the contrary.

Ask yourself the real questions. The voices aren't foreign, they are of you, and they are you.
>>
>>17409365
I ask myself questions a lot. A lot of uncomfortable questions. What is the next step after that?
>>
>>17409376
Building mental structures and finding the means to enact change. Iterate over time. Keep iterating. There is a fundamental complex of core reasons you've become the way you are, and the longer it remains unreconciled, the deeper it's going to go. Return to childhood. Change your diet, change your life. Ask yourself if the role you play and how you're treated, what you see of yourself, is really tolerable.

I don't have all the answers because I'm not you. The above is a rough template, and it's how I helped myself.
>>
>>17409356
While you are working - with professional help - on your mental problems, it would be wise to be realistic about your temporary prospects. If, for the immediate future, you don't have strong motor control or hand-eye coordination or ability to concentrate, it is only sensible to look for work that doesn't require those skills.

Washing dishes may not be as fulfilling or well-paying a job as making pizzas, but it is better than no job at all while you are getting yourself back in condition - through therapy or meds - to do the better job.
>>
>>17409356
Make humour out of the voices.You need to accept the voices in your head, do not fight them. When they talk to you, laugh at them and say you know their plan, and you are you and you will do what you want to do!
>>
>>17409393
I do that all the time, but that doesn't work for long. It just keeps going.
>>
>>17409396
then keep going as well. Your problem is that your expecting it to stop, well it probably wont. so accept it man, the only way to get over this problem is to get over it. you think this is a problem, therefore it is.
>>
Are you sure it's because of the voices?
Mental illness often present themselves in groupings. For example, it was only after I was properly diagnosed with adult ADHD that it was also determined I have pretty severe Bipolar II.
It's possibly you might just have attention problems the same.

Or you're bored when you make pizzas, I mean fuckin come on.
>>
>>17409414
It's been years, if I was going to get used to it I probably would have by now.
>>
>>17409414
OP is not broken for life, as you're suggesting. I was always a bit off and had some strange experiences most of my life (shit I had to fight against), but went further into outright psychosis in two ways. The first was stimulant psychosis, the second was when I was ~19 and began to hear and see things, among other psychological stuff I don't feel like going into.

I dragged my way back. I saw where things were going and what contributed. I addressed it. No more "schizoaffective". It is not a random mechanical failure, there are reasons for all of this. Don't endorse the positions of modern psychiatry, they're in no way competent.

You don't create an environment where people are treated as broken, and damaged for life, then expect them to get better.
>>
>>17409421
Normally what will happen is I will start concentrating on making the pizza, but then a voice will appear or my mind will wander off. I can't 100% if it's because of some underlying mental condition, or if it's because of boredom or both.
>>
>>17409432
Okay is it a voice "I'm just thinking and zoning out" voice or a voice that is totally separate from your own?
Because one is just being fucking bored making pizzas.
>>
>>17409439
Voices completely outside of my control will appear constantly.
>>
>>17409439
I used to work at a sandwhich place. I used to be one of the favorites of the boss until things started going to shit.
>>
>>17409448
Why are you saging your own thread.
>>
>>17409455
How am I saging my own thread?
>>
>>17409457
Your replies don't bump the thread to the top.
>>
>>17409460
Oh. My appologies, I'm not used to posting here.
>>
>>17409460
I'm not typing sage anywhere. I don't know why it isn't bumping.
>>
>>17409470
Strange. Other threads are doing it as well. It might be tied to certain posters for whatever reason, as my own posts have yet to not bump.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.