[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I've been feeling pretty bitter and jaded and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1467396429348.gif (1MB, 806x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467396429348.gif
1MB, 806x900px
Hey /adv/,

I've been feeling pretty bitter and jaded and antisocial for the past few months. I've decided to really cut myself off from the world. No social media and not responding to messages. I just graduated a shit college, moved back to my hometown with my mom, been unemployed, and fucking broke. The only money i can get my hands on is through donating plasma. I have zero friends. I didn't make any in college and don't have any in the area. I rarely go out and I'm generally uninterested in talking/"flirting" to women

I've had a history with depression and bipolar disorder and was medicated, but stopped taking them a few months ago since things weren't getting any better. I have a psychiatrist appointment next week and idk if my symptoms are coming back cause my life is shit, but i know something has to change.

Idk what to do /adv/. Should I get back on medication? See a therapist? I don't want this to be my life.
>>
>>17408560
Let's all love Lain.
>>
>>17408560
Your last sentence conflicts with the rest of the post.
>>
you're slipping into depression again

cutting yourself off from society is your normal response, but also the worst one you can make. Try doing something different, maybe volunteer or join meetup, hell, go on hikes to get some fresh air

Up to your doctor and you whether you want to get back on medication, I suggest you do.
>>
>>17408560
The only good thing about cutting yourself off is realising that no one would really misses you and the suicidal thoughts creep in...
>>
>>17408715
I have had a few in the past day or so
>>
>>17408719
I had deleted all my social media and blogs about 5 years ago and suicidal thoughts were a (multiple times) daily occurrence

Finally got sick of being sick and sought help.

I probably should seek help again. I know I have no sway in your opinion, but I always recommend therapy to anyone.
>>
>>17408719
You've subscribed to the "block the bad thoughts" mentality, it's why you haven't fixed anything in your life, and it's probably a large contributing factor to you being bipolar.

I have suicidal thoughts daily, and I'm just fine. I really mean that. I know the origin of these thoughts, I know why they come about, and I know their meaning within the greater whole. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their presence. Suppressing it would be denial of reality and self delusion, which is at the root of your rapid emotional shifts; the machinery of the mind allows you to suppress deep mental conflict, but this process has ancillary aspects. Also, you might want to refine your diet, get moderate exercise, and ensure your endogenous histamine secretion isn't elevated from food sensitivies etc.

No matter where you go anon, no matter what it is, no matter when it is, it's all connected.
>>
>>17408934
thank you for this comment. I think I'm beginning to understand it more.
>>
get help dude
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.