[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was a teenager i would get such intense crushes on guys,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (199KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 728x546px
When I was a teenager i would get such intense crushes on guys, it would affect my whole body and I would be in a daze all day

Now it's rare for me to even like a guy let alone crush on one, I'm in my mid twenties

How do I get some of those feelings back?
>>
That's normal. It was just puberty.
>>
>>17407850
maybe you are not around interesting people anymore
>>
You don't get those feelings back. That's puberty, everything is new and intense. As you mature, and your tastes and awareness of what's in your best interests change, you'll find that what you felt as a teen was intense because you were a teen.
>>
>>17407883
Is life even worth living after your teen years?
>>
>>17407923
Life is never worth living
>>
>>17407923
Of course life is worth living after your teen years. Yes, there's responsibility but there's also independence to pursue your own goals.

What you're feeling is just part of growing up.
>>
Nah, you just haven't met the right people. Feeling more intensely as a teen is a thing, but it's not that dramatic of a difference. I'm in my twenties too, rarely get crushes even if I see guys who are good looking. But earlier this year, out of nowhere, fell really hard again. Sure your emotions don't swing as high or low fast like in the teen years, but if life feels like nothing and everything is bland that's depression, not being an adult.
>>
>>17407932
Pursue my own goals? My only goal is to have those feelings again
>>
>>17407944
I'm on Prozac for depression
>>
>>17407957

Well, I'd say that's a more likely reason why you're not feeling strongly, rather than your age.
>>
>>17407968
Nah, it was like this before I had problems
>>
>>17407954
You'll have to find other goals.

Trying to get that back is like trying to fly to the moon under your own power. It's a function of biology and brain power.

I'm a man in my forties. I'd love to be able to ejaculate five times in a night like I did when I was 18, but there's nothing I can do to get that back. I'd also like all of my hair back.

But in my forties I have a career, a home that's paid for, a family, and other good things. You'll get that too if you want to.
>>
>>17407990
I don't want any of that stuff, I want young love.
>>
>>17408001
But when you're not young, you won't have young love. Young love is hormonal and pasisionate and selfish. You'll find more mature love, not as fiery but deeper and more meaningful.
>>
>>17408006
That's not what I want!

I've never had a relationship, all my crushes were unrequited, if I had been able to experience a relationship when I was a teenager then I wouldn't be so hung up on it but there's nothing that can replace that

I don't want dull, mundane mature love.

My life isn't worth living.
>>
>>17408016
>That's not what I want!
Such is life, I want to be a billionaire with a private island.

>My life isn't worth living.

Grow up, you aren't an emo 13 year old anymore.
>>
>>17408026
How do I stop thinking about killing myself?

I don't have anything to live for
>>
>>17408016
I'm afraid that Anon above is correct.

It strikes me that your desire for "young love" is the problem. You seem to be afraid to grow up.

Of course you have something to live for. You have to find your own goals and motivation. That's what being an adult is about.
>>
>>17408032
In what way am I afraid to grow up? I've been forced to grow up. But I didn't get to experience the things that most people do, that's why I'm fixated on young love.

What kind of goals could I have other than that? I'm not interested in money or a career or children or any of that.
>>
>>17408044
I'm no psychiatrist. But it strikes me that you're trying to hang onto your youth, when you can't. None of us can. Time marches on.

You say you're grown up now, but you really aren't if all you want is to fulfill what you think are the hallmarks of being a teenager.

Your time to experience it has passed. But that doesn't mean that your life is over, find other goals and fulfill them.

I can't tell you what those goals should be. Get a degree. Travel. Learn an instrument or another language. Become a good cook. Go to the gym and get buff. Whatever you think will work for you.
>>
>>17408029
>How do I stop thinking about killing myself?
>I don't have anything to live for

Find things that make YOU happy. You don't have to just live for someone else. When you are happy, you will find someone else when it happens.
>>
>>17408049
None of that stuff interests me. I have a degree and I've travelled and I have hobbies, but I don't want anything in life except for having those feelings back

How are you meant to have goals when none of them interest you?
>>
>>17408058
There's nothing that makes me that happy.
>>
>>17408063
Surely something does. Look, 4chan isn't here to hold your hand. It's here to give you a place to vent, and to be told to kill yourself and/or vote for Trump.

If none of your interests are any longer interesting, then that's because you're growing up and you need more mature and long term goals. You've out grown your old interests. Start exploring yourself and your talents.
>>
>>17408069
Don't you understand that I'm not interested in accomplishing anything. It's all meaningless to me.

What mature and long term goals? And how would those make me happy? What's the point of them? I'm not interested in money or changing the world or expressing my "talents".
>>
>>17408073
If you feel like this deep down then go to some counselling. Even better, start by volunteering. By helping others you'll find meaning in life. I promise. Nothing is going to change for you if you complain about how you aren't as young as you used to be. None of us are.
>>
>>17408097
I've done volunteering work before. The only thing that taught me is how badly people treat you when you're at the bottom of the pile socially.

And anyway I don't see how any of these activities can make up for what I missed out on, or make me happy.
>>
>>17408121
Things can't make you happy. You have to make yourself happy by doing things that are fulfilling.

You're past your teens and you can't get back whatever magic you think you've lost. For many people, perhaps most, their teens utterly sucked.

Stop living in the past and look forward. You can't get those years back, and you're not a teen anymore anyway. It can't make you happy.

The world doesn't owe you happiness. You have to find it for yourself. You have that opportunity. Use it.
>>
>>17408137
I've looked and there's nothing that's fulfilling, the only thing I've found is an existential crisis, and nihilism.
>>
Are you a straight female or a gay male, OP?
>>
>>17408158
Straight female
>>
I never felt that way ever
>>
>>17408144
Now we're getting somewhere.

Existentialism is a redpill as they say around here on 4chan. It's good that you recognize your alienation from others, from nature, from religion, and from your culture. By recognizing it you can do something about it.

If you recognize it and don't do anything about it, you'll wind up depressed and self-obsessed, leading to all consuming narcissism.

Perhaps you should study philosophy, and find the meaning to how you feel. Make it your focus. Existentialism is a major school of thought in modern literature, drama, and art. Delve into that perhaps.
>>
What's the age of consent where you live? Maybe you should try dating teenagers.
>>
>>17407923
>Is life even worth living after your teen years?
its way better. as a teen you are retarded and have no clue what awesome things you can do in your life
>>
>>17408063
There actually is, but you are being a child about it. My 11 year old does this shit when I ask him to try a new food. "I don't like it" he'll say, before even trying it. This is you, but you are an adult. Get out into the world, grow the fuck up
>>
>>17408144
Anon, I'm going to bed now. I'll look at this thread again in the morning. If this is goodbye then I hope you find your motivation.
>>
Look, I can kinda understand
>There are teenagers who run away from home to be with their shitty bf/gf
I've never felt 1/16th that much passion for anything, ever
But whatever experiences are fleeting and memories only decompose :^)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.