[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with my GF always saying extremely depressing things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1398223247758.jpg (183KB, 960x775px) Image search: [Google]
1398223247758.jpg
183KB, 960x775px
How do I deal with my GF always saying extremely depressing things about herself? Such as being a "waste of space", "nothing matters" etc etc. She has been diagnosed with clinical depression in the past. I know she genuinely feel these things are true at times.. but it happens so frequently that I don't really know how to respond. We are long distance, so I can't exactly be there to comfort her irl. I know she needs to go back to a therapist or psychiatrist, and I feel I need to just straight up tell her this. Is there anything else I can say? For what it's worth.. I'm afraid just telling her she needs to go get help again is going to make her break down and cry. I really love her and just want what's best for her, I just don't want to say the wrong thing, nomsayin.
>>
break up w her tbqh
>>
All you can do is be there for her, to an extent. You're not a trained psychologist and she can't constantly offload to you, it'll bring you down too. Just casually ask her if she's been to see someone recently, if she takes it offensively then all you can do is say that you're trying to help. Every time she says she is worthless, counter it with something you like about her.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.