[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got my first corporate job. Any tips or things I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cr-1.png (413KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
cr-1.png
413KB, 580x435px
Just got my first corporate job. Any tips or things I should be aware of?
>>
>>17406908
Socialize when appropriate. On the way in to work, on the way out, on breaks, passing by people, etc. Don't chat with people when they're trying to work. Just be friendly when you encounter people.

If there are social activities like happy hour, sponsored by work, go to them. At least a few times a year. You need to build rapport with your coworkers. The more they like you, the more likely you are to be promoted sooner, because people can speak well about you.

Always ask questions if you don't know something. Don't just make something up.
>>
>>17406917
All of this.

However, perhaps more importantly than anything else, impress your boss at every chance you get.
Always be 10 minutes early to work.
Always be 5 minutes early to a meeting.
Keep track of everything you do every day so you can say "I accomplished this today" definitively.
Take on any new task you feel won't prevent you from finishing your main duties.
Be willing to spend overtime completing any extra duties your boss may really want done, and be sure as hell to volunteer for it.

Working corporate is working the ratrace, so the better you play that game the better you'll do overall.
>>
>>17406908
Just be a good worker bee; blend into the faceless masses of suits, and hope that someone doesn't throw you under a bus to go up the corporate ladder.
>>
Thanks guys, I'm a little nervous because I was warned I'm going to have to play office politics.
>>
>>17407001
Good luck, bro! I just moved from corporate marketing to a small agency. Agency work is more my comfort level. But corporate isn't nearly as horrible or scary as TV shows and memes make it out to be. You get out what you put in. Exceed expectations and you'll go far.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.