[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shit, dudes! help me >wake up today >notice phone has a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: sweating man.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating man.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
shit, dudes! help me
>wake up today
>notice phone has a notification
>4 missed calls 2 text messages
>it's my boss
>read text message
>"ANON WHERE ARE YOU? YOU ARE MEANT TO BE IN TODAY! YOU AGREED TO DO OVERTIME FOR A FEW WEEKS AND IT STARTS TODAY. IT'S ON THE ROTA SHEET! CALL ME BACK ASAP"
>check my rota sheet that I photocopied a week and a half ago
>see that I am doing overtime next week, but not today
>says nothing about me working today
I did say I would do overtime, and I was told the overtime would be around the July/August period, but it isn't on the sheet, and that is what I go by to know where I am working.

What do I do? Please help. I'm fucking shitting myself. I don't want to lose my job because I didn't know I was meant to go in.
>>
Tell him that you werent suppoused to work.
>>
>>17406433
But how do I do that? What do I say?
>>
>>17406424
Holy fuck. Call your boss, tell him it's not on the sheet and you weren't rostered on, and that you aren't a fucking mind reader. Do you really need someone to tell you to do.that?
>>
File: sweating.gif (471KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
471KB, 188x174px
I think I'll text him. I don't wanna have to talk to him over the phone. I feel like I'm gonna be sick.

Think it's okay to text him?
>>
>>17406453
No. Man up and just call him. Christ on a bike, kids these days. You are going to have a hard time in life I can tell.
>>
>>17406465
But I'm nervous as fuck. I feel like I'm gonna cry.

I don't even care about the job, really. It's stressful as and it pays just a hair above minimum wage.

Can I text him?
>>
>>17406471
Seriously, how old are you? Your boss fucked up, he didn't put you on the roster. Call him, tell.him he fucked up, but that if he needs you to come in you are happy to do so from tomorros onwards, as you have plans for today.
>>
you tell your boss to go fuck himself and then get a job in the physics department where we need more people.
>>
>>17406424
You seriously need to grow a pair of balls.

You haven't done anything wrong.

Your boss will see that that is the case when you explain the situation to him.

You will do this over the phone because texting him makes you seem like you're just shrugging off his concerns and are a pathetic, workshy faggot.
>>
>>17406472
>Seriously, how old are you?
I get it. I'm a scared little mouse who can't handle a bit of confrontation. I get it. Now can I text him instead of calling him?

>Your boss fucked up, he didn't put you on the roster.
Yeah but he's acting like I fucked up. It doesn't matter whether he's wrong or not. If he acts like I have fucked up, I'm gonna feel like I have.
>>
>>17406485
>I get it. I'm a scared little mouse who can't handle a bit of confrontation. I get it. Now can I text him instead of calling him?

I was honestly asking the question, as I may have other things to tell you.

>>17406485
>Yeah but he's acting like I fucked up. It doesn't matter whether he's wrong or not. If he acts like I have fucked up, I'm gonna feel like I have

Simply explain to him like a rational person, that you are not on the roster, so obviously didn't come in to work as you didn't know you were fucking meant to. Then tell him you can come in tomorrow.if that will help him out, even though you had a bro lunch planned with your friend Greg.
>>
>>17406485
Dude don't ask for advice if you won't act up on it. He fucked up the roster. By texting him instead of calling. You'll only wrong yourself.
>>
>>17406485
Call him or things will escalate. Talking directly clears the air. Write down what you want or need to say and call him. You young wuns, need to talk to get anywhere just so you know.
>>
>>17406485
... Are you serious OP? I mean, I've heard of people getting anxiety from having to make phonecalls but how have you made it this far in life?
There's gonna be times when you're uncomfortable, take a big breath, grow up and deal with your problems with some sort of a backbone. I'd hate to see how you manage something actually difficult or legitimately stressful.
>>
File: vanille1.jpg (351KB, 2420x2420px) Image search: [Google]
vanille1.jpg
351KB, 2420x2420px
>>17406481
>>17406489
>>17406490
>>17406492
>>17406511
I did it guys. I called up my boss, and he was all right with it, but did clarify that I am working my fucking ass off for the next few weeks doing a whole bunch of shitty overtime I don't want to do.

Thank you for calling me a pussy-boy enough that I actually call him. Maybe I can get back to sleep, now.

Thanks again, guys.

>how have you made it this far in life?
I don't know how, either. I've been lucky.

>I'd hate to see how you manage something actually difficult or legitimately stressful.
I don't. I avoid those things.
>>
>>17406520
Good job, OP.
>>
>>17406520
Good one op, told you itd be alright. Let this be a lesson, get on things and defuse situations rather than letting them fester.
>>
>>17406530
It's only with work that I get nervous. Everything else I am fine with, and I am often too proactive and assertive.

Anyway, I'm off to go cry at the fact that I am working 6 days a week for the next 2 weeks, even though I am meant to be doing only 2 days a week.

Thanks again!
>>
>>17406542
Just think of that sweet cash. Godspeed op, at least someone on here was successful today.
>>
>>17406520
Good job OP, you did the right thing. The next few weeks will suck but the paychecks that come after will hopefully lead to you doing something nice this summer.
>>
>>17406550
>>17406547
>Just think of that sweet cash
>doing something nice this summer.
I never go outside. I don't spend any of my money. I think I have nearly enough money to be NEET and have a very humble, frugal life. Soon as I reach that amount I'm quitting my job. At least it'll help me get there.
>>
>>17406563
Go build a house in the woods. That would be bliss.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.