[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. I have depression and have been on medication for about 11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hi. I have depression and have been on medication for about 11 years. At first i was misdiagnosed by family doctor and he was giving me 3 different pills at the same time. Serious adhd, anti hallucinations,anxiety.

I saw a professional ~8 yrs ago and he put me on wellbutrin xl 150mg. I have some side effects but pretty desperate so have been taking it. I have sweating,dry mouth, headaches, fatique,stomach pains,etc. Main thing is that I'm in zombie mode 90% of the time. I have no feelings or desires. It keeps me in this zone where i dont feel anything. I talked to the doc and he wants to either up the dose or put me on more stuff. This will increase side effects and even give me more. I asked when i can get off it and he said pretty much never. I'm really worried as im only 28 and don't want to do this for rest of my life.

I have been looking at alternatives. There are certain Marijuana strands that help with depression and have no bad side effects like the pills but I live in USA where it's illegal and closest state is 9hr away. I can make the trip but need advice on if i should take it and if anyone rlse has any knowledge regarding this?

Sorry for the long wall of text

TLDR: how good is marijuana for depression and if it's effective?
>>
>>17406137
You might want to try another doctor. If the med is working but its side effects are bothersome, the logical move would be to try (while being carefully monitored) LOWERING the dosage a bit, not raising it, or trying a different med.

There have been lots of advances in 8 years, and if your doctor is just doing the same old thing, he might not be up to date.

It would be better to get a second expert opinion before self-medicating.
>>
>>17406201
>You might want to try another doctor.

He's the only expert in my city but I'll call the surrounding areas and check.

>If the med is working but its side effects are bothersome, the logical move would be to try (while being carefully monitored) LOWERING the dosage a bit, not raising it, or trying a different med.

They're not so bad but are not pleasant either. Seitching to another med will just give me another set of side effects.
>There have been lots of advances in 8 years, and if your doctor is just doing the same old thing, he might not be up to date.

This med has been around since 80s but he's pretty young (40s) and has credentials and all that.

>It would be better to get a second expert opinion before self-medicating.

I'll look into it just want to see what people think of the natural route as that gives higher life enjoyment/quality than being jacked on pills all day and not enjoying anything and stuck in limbo on autopilot.
>>
>>17406137
I'm sorry of hear about your problems. First off, you need a positive attitude. I highly recommend the book 'The Ultimate Introduction to NLP'. You can find it on bookzz.org if you want to check it out.

Second, you have probably already tried other meds. The one that has done absolute wonders for me is Zoloft/Sertraline. Sertraline kicks in immediately, and if it doesn't you can up the dose (by yourself, don't consult with a doctor every time you do this) but its best to keep doses low and early in the day so you can sleep at night.

Numbness is not an issue with Sertraline!!

Third, know that depression will return unless you commit to a healthy lifestyle and structured life in the long run. Know that you might rebound if you do alcohol, sleep badly, have a chaotic life, or a combination of all three. Knowing is half the battle.

Fourth, I know from personal experience that marijuana only makes your depression worse. You will grow lazy and hate yourself for it when you're not stoned.

Your depression and personal circumstances might differ, but I'm pretty convinced this rough guide can help out all fellow depressed.

t. been suffering from depression since puberty but learnt to live with it through positive attitude and the right meds
>>
>>17406330
Thank you. I'll check that book out.

Yeah there are a lot of things that need to be fixed in my lift so I gotta work on that
>>
I assume you're reasonably young so you've been on a drug cocktail messing with your brain chemistry for almost half your life? And it's not working?

What about getting off the drugs for a while and see how you feel?
>>
I'm in a similar situation, same age too. It got the point where every time I needed help from the doctor, he would just want to increase my meds or switch me from this med to that, to this to that. It's almost like they don't even know what they fuck they're doing. It reached the point where I felt poisoned, I couldn't even turn my head at a reasonable speed without getting "brain shocks".

Eventually I said fuck this, I have no idea what harm these countless drugs are going to have on my body 10 years down the line. Got off the drugs, and decided to enjoy the discomfort of intense anxiety instead.

Its up to you. It's true your anxiety and depression is probably not going away any time soon. It's your choice whether you want to feel their effects, with side effects, or feel their effects full on without side effects.
>>
>>17407399

Agreed. If you've been on pills for 11 years, how do you even know what you feel like anymore?
>>
>>17407422
You don't. And I won't be surprised when they "discover" that half of these drugs were causing worse problems like cancer etc in the next 10 years.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.