[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me (am female) >Traveling in this summer study German

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 46346.jpg (179KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
46346.jpg
179KB, 590x332px
>Be me (am female)
>Traveling in this summer study German abroad program with a group of people I didn't know beforehand
>"Host family" turns out to be b&b and owners are not even interested in small talk
>Roomate is a hardcore Donald Trump fan while I support the Democrats
>Roomate likes to talk about how awesome Donald Trump is
>When I didn't really agree with her viewpoint she looks disgusted
>There is another American roomate and he is also a Trump supporter
>Likes to talk about Trump during meals together
>We have housemates from other parts of the world and they think we all love Trump because of a lack of understanding of what is going on
>When I answer them explaining how people support different politicians, the other two American housemates will be upset
What do?
>>
>>17406049
Explain that you don't want to see America be made Great again and that want the United States to fall into the same obscurity as EU states like Germany. I'm sure everyone will understand.
>>
>>17406061
Are you a trump supporter?
>>
>>17406049
It is not a big deal
>>
>>17406191
It really isn't. If politics make them frustrated then don't talk about it.
>>
>>17406049
Tell roommate you choose not to discuss politics and would prefer she not lecture you on it. Walk out of the room if she does, but be friendly when she doesn't.

Find other people in the program who you get along with and hang out with them. Go with them to seek out locals to talk with.

Report your disappointment with the hosts in the after-program debriefing.
>>
>>17406220
So i can continue to be friends with her?
>>
>>17406049
Just never bring politics up.
>>
>>17406251
She was the one who brought it up
>>
>>17406049
Learn to love Trump. You aren't a commie are you? But seriously, Trump is good, how the hell can you be a Democrat fan with that lying wench at the helm?
>>
Where are you in Germany?
>>
>>17406049
Seriously? Enjoy your time in Germany, why do you give a single fuck about the conversations between roommates?? Talk in German, talk about your experiences there, talk about ANYTHING else and stop caring.
>>
>>17406991
>Talk in German
My host family doesn't have time to chat with us much
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.