[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's been NEETing here the longest? What effect does it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1469561080180.jpg (929KB, 966x3054px) Image search: [Google]
1469561080180.jpg
929KB, 966x3054px
Who's been NEETing here the longest? What effect does it have on you? Does it really have some pros? Is it true it'll render you invalid?
>>
I was a NEET from age 17 to 25. I don't recommend it to anyone.

There are no pros. I tried to convince myself I was living the dream since I really liked sleeping and watching cartoons naked and now I could do it all the time but I didn't enjoy any of it after the first year. It only made me more miserable.

I thought of all the cool shit I could do with my time but I couldn't get anything at all done. I always had some excuse to start tomorrow or some shit. Mostly I was just sitting at my computer, browsing forums and feeling terrible about myself. It was the only thing I had the will to do.

Took me around a year to get my shit together and I only did it because I managed to find a girl in a MMORPG and she told me to go to fucking school. Now I am in school and I don't really enjoy it. It's better than lying around doing absolutely nothing but I still skip from time to time since it's simply easier to lie around doing nothing.

It's in my comfort zone, even if it's terrible and shitty and every moment is agonizing. I think that's what the NEET life is all about - never taking a single step out of your comfort zone. In that mindset you won't be able to challenge yourself or learn languages or play the piano or whatever. And if you manage to get out of the comfort zone there's no reason to stay NEET for long so that's an unlikely combo.
>>
>>17405895
Been NEET since I was 17, currently 26.

This
>I thought of all the cool shit I could do with my time but I couldn't get anything at all done. I always had some excuse to start tomorrow or some shit. Mostly I was just sitting at my computer, browsing forums and feeling terrible about myself. It was the only thing I had the will to do.

There are 0 positives unless you're wealthy. I spend my days circling the drain of suicide.
>>
>>17405895
I stayed NEET while taking a gap-year between highschool in college, turned out to be the worst decision of my life, because I stayed NEET for another 3 years.

The first year was great, the rest was absolute misery, and now I'm so much worse because of it.
>>
>>17405969
>>17406266
I have no fucking idea how people manage to be NEETs without getting bored out of their minds. I can't handle a couple of weeks off from uni without getting bored, and I volunteer and have a part time job as well.
>>
>>17406365
We do.

We're just in enough comfort that we don't change, the longer you're NEET the harder it is to get out.
>>
>>17405895
The image is what people think NEETdom is. The reality is thou do nothing all day, because you're too depressed to do anything. Most NEETs don't choose to be NEET. The image shows the liberty one could enjoy from NEETdom if they were mentally healthy, but a NEET that doesn't have mental illness is like a fish without fins.
>>
I've done it once before for a year or two and it was miserable. I've been out of work for over six months so I'm kind of doing it again. It's absolutely miserable, bad for you it mental health and makes you feel awful about yourself.
>>
>>17405895
Only been "NEETing" the last year thanks to stumbling through the final unit of uni to graduate. I can keep myself "busy" for age, but I feel pretty rotten compared to all my mates getting full-time jobs, moving out, etc.
If you want to have fun as a NEET? Save up some money and go traveling for a year or something like that. You'll probably end up a lot more sure of yourself and what you want by the time you're back, and have a few good stories to boot.
>>
As others said it is far from fun.
Every timewaster like games anime or internet get stale very soon.

You do not feel good because you do nothing and that ads to the depression which makes it harder to even take small steps to improve yourself.

The people on /r9k/ posting wagecuck threads are just bitter and lonely. All they can do is make fun of people who actually have something in their lives.

Conclusion: do not fall for the NEET trap.
>>
>>17406686
>Every timewaster like games anime or internet get stale very soon.
This is because you don't get that free time from work or school to actually appreciate it. The saying "too much of a good thing" couldn't be more true.

I was a NEET for a while too and it was the worst. My boyfriend gets really depressed as well when he's not in school or working. It's just not a good thing for the human mind.
>>
I make music, exercise, write poetry and study in my very extended free time, though it's been only a year and I've done a bit of work now and then, as well as studying formally. It cannot last forever, but I'm pretty happy. Last year I was working around the clock and thoroughly unhappy, despite earning quite a lot for someone my age in this country.
>>
>>17406765
This said, it's important to make a point of being productive, being passionate about things and not drowning in a sea of nothingness. Working most of the day makes for an easier living, you just let yourself be dragged along.
>>
>>17405895
Started being a NEET shortly after I turned 14 (my education was already fucked up so it didn't matter), went to a sixth form college for a few months back in the 2012/2013 year but stopped going because of reasons. a few months away from turning 22 and I'm still a NEET. I'm so tired of this. I'm gonna be looking for work soon though. Everyone is telling me "you'll hate working! Just go back to college and drag that out before entering the real world!" or whatever. I really don't care. It'd be better being miserable earning money than being miserable and earning nothing.

It's gonna be another 3 years until I can go back to college though and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. This wait is going to kill me.
>>
16-24 with a brief gap for when I got my GED. Might go to community in the fall.

Its really not that bad if you have the willpower to keep yourself busy and use your time at least somewhat wisely, the problem is the type of person that would become a NEET in the first place doesn't have that kind of willpower, or at least I didn't. Sure I manage to hold it together for a few days or weeks, but I always fell back into my pit of despair/comfort zone because it was always so easy to do so.

Truth be told I never wanted to be a NEET though, but being a social outcast all my life it was pretty much inevitable unless I miraculously grew my normie wings or someone gave me a break. Also I'm leeching off of my hard working mother, which makes me feel like shit, I'm not living up to my ambitions (yes I have those) which makes me feel like shit, etc.

I'd only rec it for a year or 2 and only if you have some type of plan to use your free time wisely for a bigger goal.
>>
>>17405895
I think only had NEETS had so much motivation for all their effort shown in this pic, they would not need or even want to be NEETS. The problem is that NEET is doing nothing beside sitting in his room.
>>
Been a NEET since I'm 22, and I'll be 29 in a few weeks.
I was always depressed, bored and lonely, so I dropped out of uni to kill myself.
I ended up procrastinating my suicide for years, until I gave up two years ago or so. But I refused to take a shit job to pay for a shit apartment, only to remain lonely and bored.
So I started traveling, doing volunteer work for random people in exchange for food and accomodation.
It's been one year and a half now.
Still bored and lonely, but at least I'm not exploited and I get to see the world.

I just regret that I didn't start doing this earlier. I tried leaving everything behind when I was 21, but things went wrong so I went back home and decided I should die.

Curiously, though I was just as inactive as the other NEETs here, I progressively became less and less miserable as time went on. From 17 to 21, I was constantly desperate, and disgusted at the world. I really felt awful.
After I dropped out though, I slowly got used to the boredom and loneliness, and I lost my feelings of anger and disgust.

Also, I didn't perceive the years going by. It's strange. I still don't understand how I could have wasted 4 or 5 years in an almost uninterrupted routine of sleeping, eating and masturbating.
I think I might have brain problems.
>>
The only time I've ever been a NEET was this year for 1 1/2 months-ish. I hurt my ankle and my foot badly, and I had a very physical job, so I quit to go to therapy and heal. Also got diagnosed with a few other illnesses, so I'm sorting those out. But, I'm moving to my college's town so I'll get a job there and school starts in a month.

The only experience I have as a NEET is that I live with my mother. I'm 21, and when I had my jobs I always paid rent (I've been working for pay since I was 10, my father owned a store that I worked at). I realize it's nothing to be ashamed of, but she's currently paying for everything because I'm out of work right now. As far as education, I've got 1 more year of college to go through for my 4-year, I've already got my associate's.

People who are NEET are more often than not worthless, and they know they're worthless. Whoever made the graphic is either worlds best troll-joke, or sincerely kidding themselves. Because most NEETs just end up spending time on 4chan or playing video games, watching anime, or taking in information that they already know/is worthless. If someone is NEET and truly indulges in enlightenment and expands their horizons, they're not on 4chan bragging about how great they've got it. (Plus, you can get paid for your discoveries, so that kind of defeats the purpose...)

/r9k/ is filled with a load of miserable good for nothings. They don't work, they aren't educated, they have no skills and they don't want to learn any. They're worthless, and they know they're worthless.

Go to school. Go to work. Learn things. Have a good life.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.