[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I regret spending my twenties doing volunteer work on farms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 05.jpg (904KB, 2432x1621px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
904KB, 2432x1621px
Will I regret spending my twenties doing volunteer work on farms and not earning any money or any employable work experience outside of agriculture and permaculture? Seriously considering packing up out of the city and just travelling around helping people for free, but there's a lot of pressure from family and friends to get a job or study or whatever.
>>
>>17405549
>twenties doing volunteer work on farms and not earning any money or any employable work experience outside of agriculture and permaculture? Seriously considering packing up out of the city and just travelling around helping people for free, but there's a lot of pressure from family and friends to get a job or study or whatever.
Can you not get some kind of part-time degree online while you do this or something?
>>
>>17405570
I guess that is possible? I hadn't considered that there would be an online degree that would actually get me employable experience/I didn't think those were taken seriously be employers.
>>
>>17405575
What's your field of interest? This also sounds like the kind of thing you should do and will regret if you never do it?
>>
>>17405586
That's part of the problem as well. I can't seem to imagine a field I actually would want to be in. My interests are in music and writing, but purely for the artistic reasons. The thought of having to try to commodify my art makes me angry, so I don't know what to do.
>>
>>17405549
>Seriously considering packing up out of the city and just travelling around helping people for free

What would be the point of this?
>>
>>17405674
He feels his true calling. It's the open road reaching out to him.
>>
>>17405674
To enjoy life, to meet people, to be happy in knowing that I am supporting a community and contributing valuable and meaningful work, to experience different situations and places, to consider what it means to be human, to live without immediate pressure to make money.

The usual hippy stuff basically.
>>
>>17405688
Now that I actually typed this out it makes me just want to do it anyway and not worry about the future. But I still have this nagging guilt that I'll be fucking up my life for when I get older.
>>
OP is spiraling into schizophrenia and it's only a matter of time before you're permanently set on being homeless.
>>
>>17405697
I'd suggest you join the peace corps or something. Just traveling around at random looking to work for people for free sounds like an invitation for people to seriously take advantage of you.
>>
>>17405549
You'll definitely regret starting to work right now.
Do it, but try getting into some certified organizations for volunteer work.
That'll give you certifications and you won't get fucked over as easily.
>>
>>17405688
Taking a few years is one thing but meandering about gets you nowhere. How about a mix. Make a plan, schedule your first or second volunteer job but in different fields and go from there. That way you can search for the field you really dig. My grandfather was a haight ashbury hippie in the 60's, anti establishment, acid dropping, magic bus rider but grew tired of being dirty and poor. He began by reselling trinkets and shit, saved and bought a run down building, cleaned it up and rented half the space and the old man is a multi millionaire. Still smokes weed, has a network of friends throughout the country that barter services but makes no apology for making money. He lives in a big ass house, drives a Mercedes and travels the world with his third young wife.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.