[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an ultimatum coming up and I don't know what to do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160716-183346.png (725KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160716-183346.png
725KB, 1080x1920px
I have an ultimatum coming up and I don't know what to do.

In a month my best bro is proposing to his girl in Japan. He's flying her out there for a "fun trip" to drop the ring bomb. He's offered to front the entire airfare and hotel to have me around during the one week trip. My other friend and his girl are going as well as a childhood bro of mine. Two of them told me that this is a once in a lifetime offer. They know that I'm studying Japanese and like the culture and they want me to help them plan it out.

But my dilemma is that my employer will not give me the time off. They said the only way is for me to quit and reapply. I feel like I should go with them. Though, I'll be losing my job. I'm not getting younger and I was recently forced to move in with my mother because I lost my prior job. I've been with my current company for almost a year and I'm about to get vacation time. I'm twenty five for fuck sakes. This is Fucking with me.

The part that scares me is losing my health and medical insurance. I could get another job but nothing like the one I have. It only makes 12 an hour but they train you for positions that make bank. It's in aerospace. I was thinking about getting work in an Asian airline from here so I could speak more languages.

I'm pretty torn here. My logical mind says don't do it but I want to believe that there is something for me to learn there.

I have no savings. I would need a new job immediately.

Any advice for me? This is fucked.
>>
>Aerospace
>$12/hour
>No vacation time accrued within the first year
>"But I'm being trained!"
No, you're being dicked around.
You've got a month to send out applications to other places. You can do it.
>>
>>17405376
Sick holiday or something like that?
>>
>>17405397
They train you for other positions. I'm the lowest pay grade. I could be making 30 an hour in six months if I go for crane operation or management. Not to mention salary positions.
>>
>>17405401
I get my vacation time ten days after the trip's set date. Shit timing. Literally a week off.
>>
>I have no savings.

So besides the airfare and hotel, how the fuck do you plan to holiday with no money ?
You're ok to just mooch from your friend who is getting married ?
You literally cant do anything except be a poor noodle eating foreigner unless your friend offers to pay to go/do stuff.

Personally I wouldn't go but I don't like receiving charity like that from friends. I'd only go if I had money for a holiday.
>>
>>17405397
You're right. I'm going to look for a new job in the morning. Thanks anon.
>>
>>17405376
Honestly, if your job is willing to lose you over a ONE WEEK long trip ten days before you get your vacation time... After you've been with them for a year...

Well, I just don't see a future there, man.
>>
>>17405418
What shithole country are you in where leave doesn't accrue weekly?
>>
>>17405376
You'll regret not going for the rest of your life.

Don't quit, you're giving plenty of notice ahead of time, your employer is being unreasonable. Give them a written notice that you intend to make this trip and hope it won't damage your future with this company. Bring it to your HR department, not your boss. Start working on applications for other places in the meantime.

Make it clear when they ask you that you don't want to quit, but that you will be on that plane and that you've given plenty of notice, but be polite.
>>
I didn't realize that people were still replying to this after I left. Next morning... Op here. The position has a union and attendance is governed by a certain set of rules.

Realistically, I have to quit formally or I'll be fired. There's no way around that because of said union. Even speaking with HR won't do anything because of the union agreement. They will just cite it.

It's one of the largest aerospace employers in the world and people swear by the company in my city, as being a good and respectable place to work.

As far as vacation accruing, it does. It just doesn't start to for one calender year. Which is ten days after the time I would have to quit, unfortunately.
>>
In my opinion you shouldn't quit, but instead 'reschedule' this Japan trip with your brother for later. It could even Be months later. Don't you think it'd be a much better trip with the freedom of having a job and also just being alongside your bro?
>>
>>17406804
So.. You have no savings.. How do you afford shit on your holiday ?

Wouldn't it be a wiser decision to save up, then reward yourself with a holiday (and possibly longer than 1 week) ?
>>
Family before everything
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.