[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/. I've just been diagnosed with Lyme disease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Tick.jpg (40KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
Tick.jpg
40KB, 600x425px
Hello /adv/.

I've just been diagnosed with Lyme disease after being bitten by one of these little fuckers.

I saw a doctor as soon as I became ill with flu symptoms and have been put on antibiotics to try and shift it.

Now I feel like absolute shit. Vomiting, the squits and the worst dose of flu I've ever had. Reading about this is like something out of a horror film.

Anyone else here had it before? I've heard it can last forever.
>>
Dunno shit about the disease, but can somebody offer some advice on avoiding and/or exterminating those little bug bastards where they live? Would power armor and tactical nukes be overkill?
>>
this is one of my worst fears. how did it happen, OP? Were you innawoods?
>>
>>17405347
It's a tick mate, they are normally in the bush, but can be anywhere. Most people on here will be OK, not many basements have ticks.
>>
>>17405317
It's curable, the symptoms only rarely persist post-treatment.
It fucking sucks, but you'll be ok in a month or so.
How did you got bit? The best thing you can do is avoid ticks, and clean up daily if you're hiking, farming, or otherwise living in tick country. It's not a 100% thing, but it reduces the risk.
>>
Are you in NY/Ontario/somewhere in that vicinity OP? Saw that there's an outbreak of those fuckers around there.

I remember reading something about tucking your pants into your socks when you're innawoods but I'm sure there's more you can do than just that. Alsp, if a tick is on you, be careful getting it off. You don't want to decapitate it and have its head under your skin.
>>
I got it when I was in college. Especially weird because I was like fucking never outside. I was lucky and it went away pretty quick, never had any chronic symptoms. Don't worry too much about the horror stories, it sounds like you caught it pretty early so I think you'll be OK. For now, milk the sympathy of your friends and family and take it as easy as you can.
>>
>>17405402
>tucking your pants into your socks when you're innawoods
If there are so many ticks around that you need to do that, you're screwed anyway.
Learn how to remove them, and CHECK for those fuckers when innawoods. Not all ticks are Lyme carriers, and even those that are need almost a day before infecting you (they first eat, then vomit their shit in you, and THAT'S when you get the disease).
And don't hang out in tick country. If you need to seal your ankles, put on anti-tick spray, and drink anti-coagulant to stay safe, maybe you just shouldn't.
>>
>>17405402
NY is basically the tick heartland, it sucks

tucking your socks in is good but the most important thing is to check for ticks when you're out camping or after a hike, deer ticks are quite small but you'll see or feel them if you check judiciously, the bigger ones (dog ticks) are much easier to spot and a lot more disgusting to remove but don't carry lyme disease. The bite can get infected if you remove them improperly though.

If you find a deer tick and remove it go to the doctor and they'll prescribe you antibiotics. While there is no cure for Lyme Disease it has a fairly long incubation period and can be easily neutralized with antibiotics if it hasn't yet fully incubated.

Just a shame it was too late for OP, yet another anon who won't live to see half life 3.
>>
>>17405317
It sucks but it heard it's exceedingly rare to have chronic post-treatment symptoms so- I hope that helps? If you do get the chronic whatever, try getting bitten by a lot of angry Africanized bees, it cured some woman who couldn't be bothered to do anything post-bee-attack either
>>
>>17405317
Ticks have to be one of the most disgusting fuckers in existence. Humankind should just wipe them off from the face of the Earth.
>>
I got it. It was really bad for a few days but treating it early cures it for 99% of people. There are some who are convinced chronic Lyme is a thing, but there's zero medical evidence for it, and its most likely people blaming the effects of again on a disease they contracted long ago.

You're going to be ok, just listen to your doctor
>>
>>17405317
Make sure your doctor is fully up-to-date on the disease, and pay for an expert if he isn't. I know someone whose doctors were uninformed about the disease, and their delays and misdiognoses made it much, much worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.