[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have I wrecked my own life by not drinking? I'm 37. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: lg21474.jpg (32KB, 302x452px) Image search: [Google]
lg21474.jpg
32KB, 302x452px
Have I wrecked my own life by not drinking?

I'm 37. It's been twenty years of having to justify myself, come up with excuses, reassure people that I'm cool, I'm not judging anybody, I'm not going to ruin their fun, having to listen to people who think *they* have to justify *themselves* for drinking. 20 years of trying to meet women in places they don't want to be met, or feeling like a creeper taking advantage of drunk women at parties and bars, having to come up with some kind of bullshit thing to do on okc dates when everyone would rather have a drink, having to convince the fucking bartender to accept a tip for my fucking soda so I don't feel completely like a weirdo jerk. Being not invited to things, or discouraged from coming, because "it's just going to be a lot of drunk people", having people tell me I need to find some other thing to do (late at night? where people intend to socialize?) that's "more my speed", of never having a place I can go where everybody knows my name and they're always glad I came.
>>
And for what? For twenty years of being shy, self-conscious, lonely, all the things that people drink to get rid of. I haven't gotten laid in 7 years. I lived in Tokyo for two years and never had sex. People were right to act like I don't fit in and I'm not the sort of person they want to hang out with. I don't like people who don't drink, smoke, or do drugs either! They're boring as fuck! I'm an artist, I went to crazy art school, the people I like are the people who show up to work tripping or I have to take them to the hospital when they OD, those are the fun interesting people. I've always wanted to be in a scene, like the Cabaret Voltaire or Max's Kansas City, some place where people gather and talk about art and meet each other and end up collaborating. What do those places have in common? Alcohol. People have been drinking for 12,000 years and even animals like alcohol. Even fucking Jesus Christ drank wine. People just do not socialize without the stuff. What did I think, why did I do this to myself?
>>
>op will never hold up the thicc thigh of a qt 19 year old to do a beer bong at a college houseparty, let her down gently when she starts to spit out copios amounts of budlight, then have a go yourself... only to gracefully complete the chug and seduce her with the easiest line in the book "So what do you study"

Why even go on, OP?

My recommendation to you is to go buy a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and drink four pours each night until you sort things out. At this rate the bottle should last you about a week and a half or two and will not put you in any danger of over indulging. Use this wonderful whisky to sort out your life.
>>
>>17405250
OP I'm 22 and don't drink and sometimes feel the same way, alienated. I think it's important to find people who accept you for who you are, which is in most cases people who also don't drink. You could also just tell people you were an alcoholic and don't drink because of that.
>>
>>17405293
not OP but I'll drink to that
>>
you're a crazy artist man, you can do weird shit. Dostoyevsky lived years like a solitary monk, then lived years as a drug addicted pervert, then he switched back. if the people in AA say it's never to late to get clean, then you can reason it's never too late to start drinking. But honestly alc just probably isn't your high. You should try speed
>>
>>17405293

Part of the thing is I don't know anything at all about alcohol, it's a bunch of stuff I haven't bothered to learn. I don't have any idea what's the difference between kinds of alcohol and I certainly don't know how much I can drink without embarassing or hurting myself. Most people learn this stuff when they're 14. But sitting around drinking by myself at home? Hard to imagine. Maybe I should.

I might ask a friend to guide me, he is a huge booze nerd, buys and resells rare fancy whisky as his job.

>>17405310

My friends accept me for who I am, for the most part. But as for other people who don't drink, I don't accept them for who they are, after all. For the most part. I'm trying to think of anyone cool I've ever met who didn't and I'm coming up blank, though I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.
>>
>>17405250
I'm 22, and tend to just tell people some degree of the actual truth. That I used to drink and don't really care for it, or I simply don't mention it.

I might go through a fifth of vodka per year, maximum. I drink so seldom at this point you might as well say I don't drink at all. It sounds to me like you've inserted yourself into situations that just aren't apt to be viable for a sober person. Learn to drink, or stop getting involved in things that don't pan out as you'd like. Easy for me to say, as I don't have any active social relationships at this point, but nonetheless having watched people in your situation I do think it's often the case.
>>
>>17405322

That's a good point.

I tried to get my friend to get me some adderall or something last time I was on vacation, I told her I wanted to get high at least once in my life, and she told me not speed and tried to make me do mushrooms which I have no interest in at all.

At this point I just want to be out at some punk bar or something and get buzzed or whatever, I don't even know what that's like.
>>
>>17405343
-Buy alcohol
-Drink alcohol
-Problem solved for 15 dollars or less (buy something that isn't garbage)

Why is this not an option? Otherwise just eat a lot of cacao, or some kava. Both provide reasonable highs. The former is similar to dextroamphetamine, the latter is like ethanol mixed with mild cannabis-like something or other. Very mild. I dislike weed, and wouldn't consume it otherwise.
>>
>>17405358

You're right, you're totally right. This is mostly about using anon status to complain about my past, nobody irl wants to hear this shit. I was going to use the get it off your chest thread but it was too long for one post. But it's good to talk about with you all, helpful.
>>
>>17405377
>nobody irl wants to hear this shit
I give you...

A Same-Sex Bartender
>>
>>17405358
>kava

It's been years since I've had any of that. Good times. Used to show up at parties with a cooler full of it and just drink and drink, people looked at us like we were fucking nuts. They didn't get it.

I've heard it's bad for your kidneys, is that true? Man, I could go for some kava right now. mmmm
>>
>>17405387
Not sure about kidneys, but mainly I've heard of concerns about liver toxicity. To my knowledge most of that was caused by exporters cheaping out and mixing in stems, bark, and leaves, instead of just the root and rhizome. Another aspect was mold contamination. Some studies show certain kavalactones demonstrate some degree of hepatotoxicity, but do so through apoptosis rather than a more necrotic mechanism. Although many of these were in vitro studies using very specific cell lines.

I've had my blood evaluated for any elevation in common markers for liver and kidney cell death, after chronic kava consumption, and haven't found anything obviously adverse. Long as you make sure to get a noble variety (I buy dried chunks of the root itself), it's probably fine. Development of jaundicing or rashes should obviously be taken seriously though. The body is a complex machine, and kava is pharmacologically complex as well.
>>
I moved in with an alcoholic that relapsed on me yesterday.

What the fuck am I supposed to do about a sad, fat, unhygienic, lonely and belligerent man?

Jesus Christ, I thought this time I'll have a decent roomue but nope: "ahhh I'm sad, wallowing in despair and cycles of guilt, but FUCK you if you tell me otherwise xd, things will get better."

I'm 27 with no debt or obligation to stay other than a good roof over my head.
>>
Amongst the vending machines and year old magazines, in a place where we only say goodbye. It stung like a violent wind, that our memories depend on a faulty camera in our minds.
>>
Just go buy some liquor and beer. Try taking three or four shots of the hard stuff (space them out by about fifteen minutes) and I would assume you will be pretty buzzed if you're not overweight. If the first shot is too disgusting for you, mix the drink. Mix rum with root beer or coke, whiskey with ginger ale and a lime or eggnog (in the winter), vodka with juice. As for the beer, go to the store and get one of those "pick six for $xx.xx" and find a beer you like. Done. Don't go crazy or get too fucked up, but experience what liquor is like and maybe find a beer you enjoy and then you can go out with people and have a couple of drinks.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.