[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, a question you've had probably thousands of times.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tears_of_sadness.jpg (100KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
tears_of_sadness.jpg
100KB, 1024x819px
/adv/, a question you've had probably thousands of times.
I think he likes someone else. How do I get over it? We're in the same circle of friends.
>>
only time mends a broken heart
the only thing to do is to find something to have your mind thinking about someone/something else
close friends are essential
>>
How long will it take? It somehow feels different compared to the other times...
>>
>>17406274
It felt different every time.
Every time it was the same.
Just accept it and move on.
>>
>>17406286
Probably. Every time I end up thinking about it, I try to think about something else, try to distract myself from that. Do I just have to keep doing this over and over? Or do I have to tackle this head on and reflect over it?
>>
>>17406291
Do something productive with your time, that will keep you from thinking about him.
>>
>>17404411
I've been in the awkward situation of hitting on someone in my circle of friends. It's better to know, even though it can be painful and your relationship with them may disintegrate for a period of time. However, time will also move you on and fix that relationship, hopefully making it stronger.

You're human, as are they. Rejection may help you get over it. The again it might not be rejection.

In the long run your imagination hurts you more than knowing.
>>
Avoid him, physically. You need to get him out of your sight and mind.
>>
Men are like that... I'm in a great relationship, but I really enjoy the company of other women. Still, it doesn't mean I want them.
I love my girlfriend, I'll be with her no matter which chick gets my dick hard, unless she ain't one that does.

I mean, of course it's bad to feel it, but does it really matter? If it doesn't come to action - or something relatable to actions -, you shouldn't let yourself be down because of it.

You should continue aware though, so you will be sure to take the leave when it's time, if that time ever comes.

Think to yourself, if he puts you in number one, will you still like him? If he neglects his friends, his work, and all, because he loves you, will that make you like him?... I don't think so, you girls call those guys "creepys".
>>
>>17406796
It has happened to me already, in both positions. And I think I agree, knowing made me feel better after some time, though it made me feel shit immediately after. Thing is, I don't know how it compares to just slowly letting it die, I don't know which one is better.

>>17406802
I am trying to, I have tried more than once but I always go back because all in all he's a great person.

>>17406901
We're not in a relationship, I was working up the courage to tell him but now he keeps mentioning this other girl every time we hang out.

Thanks guys, just discussing it helps a bit.
>>
>>17406901
My boyfriend does pretty much all of that and I find it anything but creepy. Then again I also do it for him too, so meh.
>>
>>17406970
Oh I see, so it's a crush, not a date.
I understand, well, tell him. For a guy to tell a girl rarely works, but the other way around is not true.
I believe you should act in order to be with him, but not out of jealousy. Don't act cutting of the other girl of the group, or the conversations.

If you want a better advice, better tell the whole story. Have you ever kissed him or anything? Have you met a long time ago, how many years?...

Now comes the part where I don't talk about being with the person:
HE DOESN'T MAKE YOU HAPPY. I know he doesn't even if you don't, because I know you are the only one responsible for your own happiness. If you are feeling sad about it, you created expectations that didn't meet up. Well, stop getting attached to expectations. Remember yourself that he is free, and so are you, and it's your choice to be feeling sad for a guy that talks about another girl.
Go take action. Study, work, drive, practice sports, read... don't you have a life? Is he the center of it?... I strongly hope you'll say no to the last question.
So go towards your life, towards yourself, and not towards him. A person that puts his life behind for love is actually putting himself behind for another person. How can you be of value if your life revolves around other person?...
It's somewhat logical.
>>
>>17407000
No, we've never kissed, and we have known each other for about a year, have had a crush on him for 3 month or so. This girl is not in our group, I don't even know her.
I would not act out of jealousy, I don't believe anything good comes out from that.
I am kind of scared to tell him. I am afraid he would just settle for me, even when liking the other girl.

He doesn't, I know I can be happy on my own. He's not the center of my life, and I've been fine before knowing him, so I guess I'd be fine even if I cut all contacts.
I just never had many crushes, and this felt like the first time someone actually liked me back and was not trying just to get in my pants.
>>
>>17407030
Settle for you? ...
I don't know the other girl, buyt you put effort in developing yourself as a person, and few do that.
With that said, I see you with higher value as the girl. He'd be doing better with you, in my view.

It seems you like him in a very healthy way, I got that from ur last post. I don't think you are in any trouble, you might be sad, but you are aware, you are moving, you are alive.

I have no more advice to give you, but simply to do what you feel. It seems you are in the right mindset to do whatever you wish and still do well.

I hope your sadness pass and your happiness shine.
>>
>>17407059
Thanks.
But, even if that is true, if he just likes the other girl more, isn't it still settling?
I'm not sure what the right thing is in a relationship, if it's to get what you want or what's better for you.
>>
>>17407074
If he decides to be with you, I guess he likes you.
Maybe he actually feels more attracted to her, but thinking that can't help anything...

If he wants to be with you, that thought will make your time with him become hell, or never happen out of fear.

If he doesn't, that thought will make you feel like hell.

Forget that, that is his problem. Not yours.
Will you settle for less than you want? Most will, and that's ok, but not without trying to get what you want first.

Is he seeing that girl? Dating her? If not, I guess you are too much in the ideas realm, when you should be acting.
If yes, then you should remember that time passes and he might eventually be free, or you'll cease liking him.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.