[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, today my friend was all broken up and mopey about his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: bloatysquirmy.png (116KB, 290x215px)
bloatysquirmy.png
116KB, 290x215px
/adv/, today my friend was all broken up and mopey about his cat dying. I couldn't give a shit, my mom died two weeks ago. I mean I faked it and pretended to comfort him, but I was honestly kind of mad he would even bring it up with me. Am I an asshole for feeling this way?
>>
>>17404344
Are you mad that he did not comfort you when you needed comforting?
>>
>>17404344
He was looking for a little empathy. And while, yes, a relative (especially a parent) dying hurts like fuck, that doesn't instantly trump all other emotional pain. You can't just shrug it off - and you should know, given that you have been going through a similar experience yourself.

So yes, you were a bit of an asshole. But you are still mourning, and if your friend holds it against you he is just as big of an asshole.

Just try not to lash out. People in pain shouldn't try to hurt other people in pain.
>>
>>17404409
No, we didn't talk about it at all but I kind of kept it to myself by choice, I didn't really want to open up about it, it's just my personality.
>>
>>17404440
Well if you keep to yourself, how will he know you are not feeling well?
>>
>>17404670
Because the dudes MOTHER died two weeks ago.
He should fucking know better.

That's like crying to somebody who just had their leg amputated about your sprained ankle.
>>
>>17404676
Well OP did not provide to much information. Does his friend know about his mother? I wouldn't know. Im just shooting blanks here trying to help out
>>
>>17404728
He did know, sorry. I told him and his family (I'm friends with all of them) and then after that I kind of clammed up about it unless somebody engaged.
>>
>>17404964
Then you should not feel bad for having those feelings. Your own friend cant even comfort you and you had a worse experience. Sorry for your loss op.
>>
I feel for you man my mother died 11 weeks ago.
I was broken but getting better.
now all these people bitch about their girl...

Money is my only friend and the data my mother taught me.
>>
Most women and some men are emotionally childish. If you had a 5 year old brother, you'd be expected to keep your shit together and comfort him during your mother's death even though it affects you more. Just accept that your friend is a dumb little bitchbaby and things will make more sense.
>>
I know the feeling, OP. Girlfriend tried to guilt me into going to see her parents across the country about 5 days after my mom died. Some people don't get that your feelings still exist, even when you don't bitch about them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.