[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find it very difficult to keep up with popular music - I genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 300x378px
I find it very difficult to keep up with popular music - I genuinely wonder where the hell everyone hears these famous songs by Chris Brown or whoever and it makes me feel very awkward if there's a sing-a-long going on with some friends or something. Instead I find myself listening to Brian Wilson's discography or a fairly narrow pool of artists. As women value competence in a man, will my apparent inability to keep up with popular music indicate that I lead my life in a dysfunctional way, and therefore turn them off?
>>
No, but your insecurity will do a fine job at driving them away. No one cares if you know the lyrics of Beaten Chocolate by Chris Brown or not.
And to ask your first question most people know the latest popular songs from clubs, gyms, bars and radio.
>>
>>17404216
>As women value competence in a man, will my apparent inability to keep up with popular music indicate that I lead my life in a dysfunctional way, and therefore turn them off?

No, but your way of thinking will turn them off. The fact that you would be worried about what a woman might think, and be willing to change the style of music you listen to for this reason is quite pathetic, and women don't like pathetic. I don't have a fucking clue about "popular music", as 99% of it is shit. Never afffected relationships with friends or girlfriends.

Stop trying to mold yourself into who you think people would like. Just be you, and be confident about it.
>>
Pop music sucks and so do the basic bitches that like it. Look for a girl with better taste than one who just likes things because they're contemporary
>>
>>17404216
OP you don't need to listen to entire discographies or even care about pop artists you just need to be familiar enough with the new ones and the big hits that you can keep the conversation going when people bring them up. You achieve this by listening to pop radio in your car for just a few days, once you can identify the Fetty Waps, the Rhiannas, the Kevin Gates stuff you're fine believe me. Then keep a list in your mind of the accessible stuff you like so you can put stuff on at kickbacks.

>>17404245
"pathetic" lol, actually pop music is a social subject that lots of people want to be versed in and there's nothing wrong with that.
>be yourself
Can we ban this phrase and any variant on /adv/ please
>>
>>17404335
Idk man, maybe your friends are just basic af, even my most pleb friends dont really talk about pop music, they just know a few tracks they like, usually who listens to top 40 stuff isnt very passionate about music and wouldn't ostracize you for not being well versed in it or listening to different stuff
>>
fuck the sing-a-long you speak of. i'll burn it with a torch.

real music is on the street corner drunk at 4AM suffering from throat cancer yet still singing at the top of his lungs.
>>
>>17404522
Why do you guys have to ruin metal like this, took a shit ton of time to actually start listening to it because I always assumed it was shit as it attracted all the edgelords
>>
>>17404335
>actually pop music is a social subject that lots of people want to be versed

So you really want to talk to girls about how much you love Chris Brown and Justin Bieber? Good on you, man
>>
>>17404216
>if there's a sing-a-long going on with some friends or something

That sounds pretty gay.

>popular music
Who cares? Listen to whatever you want and what you like. Why force yourself to listen to shitty music? For a retarded sing a long? Or to talk to a girl about Fetty Wapppppp's new track? Literally nobody cares

Besides, most girls these days listen to EDM i.e Trap. Try listening to trap and the like, maybe you will like it more than Chris Brown. If you don't like any of it, stick with what you like but try to broaden genres or the artists you listen to. I used to only listen to Indie. Now I listen to so many genres and my playlists are highly varied

Use Spotify or Soundcloud and discover new people.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.