[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm roommates with my best friend and his girlfriend and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1467669578032.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1467669578032.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
I'm roommates with my best friend and his girlfriend and I'm worried about my buddy's future. We're all 21 years old. My friend and I both pay the bills 50/50 (he pays slightly more for rent but everything else is 50/50. His girlfriend pays for nothing, is 21, has never had a job, and dropped out of High School as a junior. They've been together 5 years and I can see it wearing on him. He's grown more and more agitated with everything recently. At this point he's not only supporting her financially, but emotionally as well. He never wants to go out anymore because he always has to pay for everything twice. She's an okay person, but she has a really shitty attitude and complains about us leaving dishes around (which is literally her ONLY responsibility) and I'm sick of it, so I can only imagine him. We've discussed it before and I don't think he wants to break up with her, but he knows she needs to change even though she has no desire to. She needs to realize what it's like to be a functioning adult and we slightly talked about having her go back home to get her GED because as far as I know you can't get a job ANYWHERE unless you have a GED or Diploma (correct me if I'm wrong). How can I bring this topic up to him again without sounding like I just want to shit talk her? I just want my buddy to have a decent future and not have to live with a literal leech.
>>
You need to tell this to your friend. It is really up to him what he does, but make it clear you are looking out for his better interest.

Also if she bothers you as much as you lead on, you should mention that too.
>>
>>17403943
> This
>>
>>17403943
This.
>>
>>17403935

screencap this. show it to him. show him that you really arent just shit talking. say you want to sit down and talk through a real plan, not just vent.

explain that you know he loves her but he knows he has to make a REAL choice, an ultimatum with her, and get this take ncare of
>>
Better men have ruined themselves for pussy. Lost cause. Worry about yourself and how living there makes you feel.
>>
>>17403935

Your buddy is already irritated and seeing things in ways he needs to. If she changed and started to be responsible, there wouldn't be a problem, right? Then mention that and say if she doesn't change up her act, it'd be in his best interests to drop her. You guys are too fucking young to already need to be dealing with a goddamn child - and that's what she is. At least if she was literally your six-year-old daughter, she wouldn't be to blame for being a leech. That's just what kids do, and they're entitled to it. But this chick can't be coddled like a kid. It's not fair to you two and if you want to look at it another way, it's not fair to her as a person - but she doesn't get a pass.

Neither of you guys signed up to be this chick's dad.
>>
Tell him exactly what you think and feel without worrying about hurting his feeling or anything. He is your best friend, he should understand that you're not only trying to take a swing at his gf. And you should tell him that you're contemplating moving away. Even if you're not. Maybe the financial problems that would come with you moving would make him realize what he's getting into if he keeps supporting a deadbeat girl.

And if I were you I'd actually want to start looking for other places to live at. Living with a couple is fucking annoying, even if it is your best friend and his girlfriend. Not to mention that you basically have to pay for some of her shit.
>>
>>17403935
I know someone like that too but it's my girlfriend's younger sister who is the leech. I feel bad for her boyfriend, he does everything for her and he doesn't even really have his life together. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, I don't know what you can do, people make these choices for their own reasons, on one hand you have no right to meddle, but on the other you wish you could do something because you feel it's destructive.

Given enough time I like to believe everyone will realize if they're in an unhealthy situation, it may take a while and it may be painful, but other problems will arise and will force them to face reality eventually. I believe now the person I know is pressuring her to get a job in fast food or something. That's better I guess but not much to be proud of IMO. But then again lots of people have worse lives.
>>
Appreciate the responses my dudes. I want my friend to be happy, but at one point he told me his literal feelings on the situation was that he was "content" and speaking from personal experience, being content in a relationship isn't good. I just need to give him a good man to man talk about it. Maybe use the child analogy someone else posted above. She's not a bad person, but she's expressed no real desire to finish school or actually get a job and I don't want my buddy planning a future with someone who has zero job experience and didn't even finish high school at age 21. He's mainly scared at how she'll react and take it since she's so dependant on him.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.