[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay guys so here's the problem. Little backstory: I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 48251896.jpg (58KB, 575x382px) Image search: [Google]
48251896.jpg
58KB, 575x382px
Okay guys so here's the problem.
Little backstory:
I'm studying and taking a part-time job so i won't leech off my parents like most of my peers do. Since i have holidays now, and one of the guys quit so he could work with his uncle i got more workhours, which i clearly stated i wanted when holidays hit.

Now let's cut to the case.
We hired one more person to fill the gap after that 1 guy quit, so we were full housed and everybody had enough hours. We all agreed to work 10/12 hour shifts since it lets us save more money. Today, from damn nowhere i get informed that they hired another person. I'm like what the fuck, somebody's hours gonna clearly be cut. Since 2 people work there full time i got hit the most, and that's something i clearly didn't agree on. Things look like this: new guy over 80 hours, me exactly 70 hours (which is less than a half from what i had this month) and the girl we hired before him 40 hours. I saw that and was like what the fuck is going on. Then, i looked at how many hours i'd have to work a day. Guess what, from 10/12 hour shitfs we got dropped to shifts ranging from 5 to 8 hours. My boss is well aware that it's not worth for me to come to work for 5 hours, since the money i'd earn that day would go on gasoline/food i have to buy while working.

So here's my question: am i getting silently buttfucked here? Should i make a fuss about how it was not what i've agreed on? I'm pretty fucking sure i'm gonna drop this part-timer after next month because somebody clearly isn't respecting my expectations, so why should i respect theirs.
>>
>>17403861

>you spend roughly 50% of your paycheck on gas and food PER DAY

what the fuck? are you sure you arent exaggerating? fifty bucks a day for food and gas is ludicrous.
>>
>>17403906
I'm not from the US, working in a poorfag EU country. I drive 30 kilometers to my workplace, so it's 60 kilometers a day. If i work for 5-6 hours only it basically means that that day's paycheck goes for gas and food.
>>
>>17403906
They are probably waiting tables, tips are most of your salary and most of the time they won't feed you. Waiting tables fucking sucks.
>>
>>17403925

how much is gas there? how much are you paid?

cuz thirty km is less than thirty miles, which isnt an usual distance to travel for wokr.

you average 20 miles per gallon here, so if ur going sixty miles a day, thats 3 gallons a day, which at most costs you 12 dollars. that should be, at most, less than two hours of work a day.

food should be less than 8 dollars a day. thats what mine is at least. so three of five hours sure, but it also pays for your food at home, yeh?

again i dont know the exacts of the gallon of gas or how much you make in europe, but yeah
>>
>>17403952
okay, so i won't give u the currency but ill do the math.
I'm paid 9 an hour. Gas here costs around 4,30 per liter, my car uses around 5 to 6 liters per 100 km. If i want to have a proper meal i have to pay 10 something. So if im working 5 hours i get 45, but my spendings that day are around 25. As i stated i'm getting 70 hours so it makes 630, and because of those 5 hour shitfs i have to drive about 10 times to my part timer, which costs me around 150. I'm not even that pissed about someone cutting my hours, what i'm pissed about mostly is that while they were aware that's not profitable for me to work 5-6 hours a day they basically went with "okay, here's your working shedule, deal with it. And by the way, the new guy who has no experience gets more hours and better shifts than you do"

On side note: don't ask me why the numbers look so ridiculous. My country's goverment is fucked up.
>>
>>17403952
Bear in mind that the value of things varies a lot from country to country, and the US in one of the cheapest western nations to live in. Also:

>you average 20 miles per gallon here,
That's hysterical. Do you all drive armoured personell carries from the 1950's or something? I drive a car that's too large to fit in anything but the biggest parking spaces. It weighs almost two tones, with a 3.0 V6 turbo diesel engine that puts out 300bhp. With the computer set for balance it averages about 50mpg. With it set for economy if I drive carefully I can get close to 60mpg. Even in performance mode or if I drive it manually and drive everywhere like I'm trying to break the land speed record it's never gone below 36.

I don't mean this as an attack on you personally, but for a nation that prides itself on car manufacturing you boys don't seem to be very good at it.
>>
>>17404020

thank god im not a nation or my auto industry or i would have to take it personally

>>17403988

>if i want to have a proper meal i have to pay 10 something

what? what is a 'proper' meal? i can live off 8 bucks a day and still be eating two pounds (1kg?) of meat. i hear food is more expensive over there but if i had to guess you are going out to eat instead of planning your meals liek a responsible adult.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.