[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good job for someone with social anxiety? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1426068679078.jpg (11KB, 319x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426068679078.jpg
11KB, 319x360px
What's a good job for someone with social anxiety? I'm 25 and never worked before because I always do bad at interviews and was too anxious to go to college.

I'm not good at programming or writing.
>>
>>17403510
Well what about art or remote jobs?
>>
>>17403529
what's that?
My english isn't that good. And I live in a 2nd world shithole so alot of jobs you have in usa don't even exist here.
>>
>>17403552
Well, remote jobs are jobs you do while sitting at home. Some employers have remote job openings.
>>
One job that's easy as fuck to get is Security. Loik specifically for grave shifts. Standards are low because nobody wants to do it. You're usually going to be stuck in some deserted building or construction site late at night by yourself with almost no supervision whatsoever.
>>
Get your CDL.
>>
Social anxiety isn't a real condition. It's just a label you use as a crutch. It gives you comfort to think "it's not my fault I have a disease".
>>
>>17403510
Get over your social anxiety by working at a call center. They hire anyone. Practice your social skills, or just get medicated.
>>
>>17403561
well, theres call agent. but I can't even talk to family on the phone.
and I mentioned I can't programm or write.
I went to a translator interview but I didn't get it

other than that I can't think of anything. there aren't alot of jobs in my city, just sales and last time I did an interview for that they said im not confident enough and other shity stuff.

>>17403573
I would have gotten a driver's license but my shrink won't sign the papers. he has delayed it for years because he thinks I might have a panic attack or something else and cause an accident and he will be responsible. I don't necessarly disagree with him

>>17403569
I know someone who did that and got a pretty bad depression and migranes after it. there were alot of stray dogs and immigrants trying to attack/steal shit. I usually take meds at night and doc said if i take them during the day it will be bad.
>>
>>17403585
This is shit advice. DO NOT work at a call centre they bring out the worst in people and or will set you back drastically. Seek medical help and learn what works best for you every one is differentwe all have different problems. Learn coping mechanisms.
>>
>>17403591
You clearly just don't want a job. Deal with your anxiety first. Work out or something. Continue with your doc. Take your fucking meds. Quit thinking so damn much.
>>
>>17403582
it doesn't really matter if it's a real condition in this case

it still describes his problem
>>
>>17403585
my english isn't that good and I've been talking to some 4channers on skype for years and they still can't understand me most of the time. don't do good in my native language either but most jobs are in italian. i studied french for 8 years at school and can't speak a sentence of french.

>>17403582
I now i sound like i'm making excuses buy I'm actually desperate to get a job. I would have tryied construction sites but as you can probably imagine im a fatass that can't lift a brick

>>17403598
I'm taking meds. most pshychologist couldn't help me with consulting. the couldn't even get me a career test. but a big problem is experience. I can cope with some stuff and can get used to people but the empty cv and interview nervousness is a deal breaker. i tried weed and beer but only made it worse.
>>
>>17403510
I was like you. I got the jobs anyway because my parents forced me to (I was 16 when it started). It was hell. It was shit. After enduring them I'm better at them, better at interviews, better at working. There is no easy button. You have to do shit you don't want to, just like everyone else in the world. Get a job, go to interviews until you get one, unless you want to continue being a parasite. It will be more fulfilling than anything you're currently doing, I guarantee it. Humans grow through pain and hardships.
>>
>>17403621
i applied for 100+ intervies since october (i've been looking for 2 years) and only got called up for a dozen interviews. they even asked for experience at a car wash.
>>
>>17403621
>>17403510
I shared the same experience only I started at 23 years old.

I started off with voluntary work, something simple. You're not really tied down and the work is generally stress-free leaving you with the time to try and converse and interact with others.

I found a lot of other people volunteering in the same boat as me and it helped tremendously with learning to overcome social anxiety.
>>
>>17403618
Beer is not good for anxiety because people with anxiety issues have a higher chance of having depression. Depression and alcohol do not mix well.As for weed there are certain strains that are for anxiety issues and should be consumed through food and not smoked for a bether result I know people who do it for anxiety and nonr of them ever smoke it. I am in the same situation almost as you but I have disabilities that affect my health greatly. When I try to reach for help with regards to career consolors none of them are interested and just want my money and for me to do jobs that do not benefit my health. We are capable individuals the problem is all this globizaton junk is ruining local job markets and making it impossible for anyone to stay sane working the jobs because they expect you to be able to work three jobs. I suggest landscaping if you like plants only problem is the job is seasonal then in the winter you could do snow plowing if there is snow where you live.
>>
>>17403510
Use weed, get good at handling its effects and it'll help. I am autistic with social anxiety and I am always high. Weed is a great anti anxiety drug but bear in mind that until you get used to it, it is somewhat intoxicating and can even cause anxiety. However once you learn to ride the wave, you can do anything high, including work. I just got off work and am high. Also don't smoke weed, cook it, its better and easier to dose but you have to get good at dosing too. Basically what I am saying is don't get high and think your cured, go out and run someone over because your fucking high. Just use it like meds and it actually will start to work.

I have mastered the art of THC pills and have been high non stop for three weeks now.
>>
>>17403665
I did some volunteering for a church ngo thing. I still go sometimes. How did you find a job after?

>>17403679
good comment, thanks. alchohol can either make me feel really chill and sociable or really depressed. it doesn't work if i'm just tipsy and if I'm drunk it's very noticeable

>>17403688
i gave up weed after a year cause it started giving me deja vu and other shit for some reason. it never really helped but the shit that gets sold here is probably garbage.
>>
>>17403610
I do. I tried and take meds.

>>17403614
thanks
>>
>>17403665
>tfw can't even get voluntary
>>
>>17403510

You only get over that anxiety by facing it down, by interacting with other people. Drugs, therapy, alcohol, bullshit, human interaction in a neutral setting (work) will make you better.
You will start as the fly on the wall, the quirky wierd guy who doesn't really contribute to conversation unless it's something you really care about. You will stutter, you will loose track, people will laugh good-naturedly.

Oh, the work setting, I forgot which kind of work I was directing you to:

INDUSTRY

TRADES

MALE-DOMINATED KNUCKLE BUSTING JOBS

Seriously. People in those professions don't give a rat's ass about your sperginess as long as you do what you are supposed to do.
You will have overwhelming dread when stuff doesn't work out, people will cuzz you out because you made their work harder. BUT THEY WON'T HOLD IT AGAINST YOU, as long as you improve and get better and do your part.

Start simple, work your way up. Eventually your anxiety will be a small tremble in your voice when pressured, and your confidence will rise to the heavens as you slowly but surely master your craft. Even if that craft is moving a lawn or pushing a handcart.
>>
>>17404252
>INDUSTRY
>
>TRADES
>
>MALE-DOMINATED KNUCKLE BUSTING JOBS
>
any specific jobs you suggest, this is extremely vague especially the last one
>>
>>17404252

> Source
> Industry worker

Forgot to add that
>>
>>17404260

Smith
Electrician
Industrial plants
Carpenter
Mason
Mine-worker
Mason-assistant
Road-construction

These jobs are hard, dangerous and the people are rough. But it's a whole different layer of rough compared to office politics or high-school.
Bend your head, take the verbal shit hurled against you when you fuck up, look up, do better next time. Rinse. Repeat. Become respected. Eventually shit down on the new guys as you will suddenly be a part of the team.
>>
that guy looks like my art teacher
>>
>>17404274
those require skill and there aren't any people to teach you

>mason
how do I join illuminati?
>>
>>17404274
can a skinny cripple with no education get these?
not op just similar position

i thought most these require some education in the field, op said they don't have college or anything like that
>>
>>17404312

> Aren't people to teach you

So all the workers I just listed simply magically learned their trade?

Mason as brick-layers, house-construction.

>>17404314

How crippled?

If you have no strength, but can work your hands and crawl around you can be electrician possibly.

But most of these jobs require no crippling injuries. If you are weak, make sure to eat A LOT, gain some natural muscle

> Becoming otter-mode from thinfat skelly after manual labour is rewarding let me tell you
>>
is web design hard to learn?
>>
>>17404544

It's oversaturated as fuck, and anyone can go into a "design-your-own-website website" and design one.

And if you are talking about the programming part, then yes. And it's still massively oversaturated because everyone and their mom thought they could make a living off it
> Protip: they can't
>>
>>17404312
>>17404314

>>17404336
here again

You can take a technical school education

But often what happens is that someone comes in from the streets (for instance in a construction company), they show their worth and get the oppurtunity to learn skills over time. Sometimes the boss will take you on as an apprentice and you switch between school and work.

I can better give guidiance if you state your countries, because if you live in some shithole third-world country, there might not even really be tech school for you unless you pay out of your own pocket or something, I don't know how it works then. But you should.
It's your future, so you should have knowledge of these things, keep an open mind about what kind of jobs you can do.

I still hold to my point that trades or manual labour has the lowest rate of stab-your-back gossip shit that makes school and high-school such a life-crippling experience for so many of us. People will call you a shitface and be done with it, and mostly only when you are doing something wrong or stupid. And in time, people will expect you to call them shitface when they do wrong. There are more nuances than what I am describing, but it's the general feel of things.
>>
>>17404595
Romania
>>
>>17404634

Ouch. I bet you can't land an apprenticeship in Romania without a good bribe..

And other options require emigrating to a wealtheir EU country, which isn't exactly the best deal when you have anxiety. And without a social drive you will never learn the language enough to be taken on... Though...
I actually have a collegue from Lithuania, he has a strong work ethic and has mostly learned the language. But he also has a university education that he took here in my country (open borders and all that). He won't ever get fired unless he steals or something because he is effective and intelligent. But he kinda had an open door already you could say.

And working menial jobs IN Romania would not be very productive, it's a whole other job market than my own. Hrrr.....

Still, the option of starting from the bottom is still there, and my points about manual labour/trades still stands. You must have electricians schools and other tech schools. You must have education programs for those kinds of skilled labour. Look it up. It might not be cozy university sit-on-your-ass-browse-facebook jobs, but it will be heaps better than sitting home at your parents' mercy
>>
File: 1435532862833.jpg (60KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1435532862833.jpg
60KB, 706x706px
>>17403510
I have the same problem OP.
Been NEET for a while under the pretense that my dad would get me a job in construction, because we really need the money, but I'm too inexperienced to be considered for the jobs I need to apply for to pay off debts and other obligations.
I don't know why I started having really bad anxiety over interviews for jobs. I come off incredibly awkward and spergy.
I went out of my way and applied for a sales position at a cable company and fucked up bad because I was really nervous and sleep deprived because I stayed up all night mulling over and embellishing my work experience like a script. That combined with having almost no sales experience really fucked up my chances. Fucking stuttering with my voice quivering and shit. Nothing came out right, it was terrible and I left feeling really stupid.
I think the only thing I can do at this point is just keep on applying, and getting used to the interview process. I am bilingual so thats a plus, but still I need to work on my people skills and professional talk.
Just keep on applying dude, something's got to give.
>>
>>17403510
Customer service will give you the tools you need to cope with your anxiety. Don't try to find a job that coddles your weaknesses, push yourself to grow. Find a company that has strict guidelines and scripts you can cling to. I worked at QuikTrip for a year and it did wonders for me. They have specific lines to say to customers and generally close ranks to take your side in conflicts with unruly people. The rules are super clear and specific so you can just parrot about policy if you have problems. I learned how to interact with people from an impersonal mindset but still make them feel comfortable and respected. I'm still me (introverted) but I can be relatively social.
>>
>>17403614
okay but that's like saying I can't swim because I have a condition

if you're an able bodied individual yes you can swim you just don't know how, so you need to get in the pool and practice or you'll never know how to swim

same thing with social anxiety, yes it may be a condition you have now but it's 100% curable if you "get in the pool"

don't let this shit ruin your life, because it will if you don't act, get comfortable being uncomfortable
>>
>>17406106

This so much
>>
Day Trader

You're your own boss.
Material is free.
Learning cost is high.
Failure rate is higher.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.