[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a coffee at 12:30pm today it's now 4am. What the hell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ly8083yDMc1qzdknio1_500.gif (495KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ly8083yDMc1qzdknio1_500.gif
495KB, 500x374px
I had a coffee at 12:30pm today it's now 4am. What the hell? Normally in bed by 12 asleep by 12:30. My heart rate is pretty normal, but I can't sleep at all. I drink a crap ton of water. Is over 15 hours of awake time normal? In 4 hours my alarm goes off and I'd like to be able to get some sleep before work.
>>
I feel you, I'm supposed to be asleep and it is 4-something here. have to get up at 8. at least I am in bed, that's a start.

generally caffeine is out of your system in 4-8 hrs, I think the average is 6. I suppose if you never ever drink caffeine and you had a coffee today, it could mess with you. I have occasionally noticed that if I drink a lot more caffeine than usual, I will tend to stay up a few hours later even if the caffeine is (supposed to be) long since out of my system. I don't know why this is, I suppose it disrupts your sleep/wake cycle somehow by making you alert at a time when you're normally not. throws off your internal clock. but I am not a doc, that is just my guess.

if you normally drink coffee around midday, then idk. maybe something is stressing you out? sometimes if I can't sleep I'll put on some ambient music or a podcast, or maybe tv shows that have a lot of talking and not much action. cop shows and mysteries seem to work the best, the case distracts my mind and whatever else I have on the brain kinda fades away.

hopefully I have either helped you or bored you into somnolence. sweet dreams OP.
>>
>>17401722
>Is over 15 hours of awake time normal
Jesus christ, I guess I'm certainly not living a routine schedule then. I go most days anywhere from 20 to last week being awake for 52 hours straight.

You're fine. Calm down, and if you really need it, find some relaxing ambient noise from your phone or something.
>>
>>17402017
Nah I've pretty given up on sleep, browsing and posting on /adv/ in bed.
>>
>>17402022
I fucked that up. 15 hours from when I had the coffee. Right now I'm sitting at 22 hours awake. I know I'll be fine was more hoping for ideas to get me to sleep.
>>
cool an insomniac thread just what i've been looking for
>>
>>17402026
they say electronics in bed is not conducive to sleep
>>
>>17402026
Get up from your bed. If I can't sleep, I wake up, read a book on a chair (not the bed). I usually get sleepy by then.
>>
sleep in a cool room, take off the blankets if you need to and just sleep with a sheet if its hot
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.