[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I crazy if the voices I hear don't tell me to do crazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1461542138231.jpg (2MB, 3010x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1461542138231.jpg
2MB, 3010x2000px
Am I crazy if the voices I hear don't tell me to do crazy things? More like a polite discussion.
>>
Maybe. No one will really care as long as you're not violent.
>>
Is this a serious thread? I don't know if you're talking internal voice or audio hallucinations, but if it's the latter you should probably talk to someone because that isn't normal.
>>
can you go into a bit more detail about what you mean?
>>
>>17401716
How do you tell if it's a hallucination?

>>17401723
I mean I always kind of hear voices in the background whenever I'm awake, kind of like a low murmur. They blend in with the fans, my typing, cars driving by, etc. I don't really think about it most of the time, just sound. But if I focus I can find myself getting engaged into a conversation.. with myself I guess. And it feels different than just "thinking".
>>
>>17401802
Sometimes when i'm really tired I get that. Voices in the wind or in the A/C and I hear short little segments of murmuring.
>>
>>17401802
yeah that's an auditory hallucination, its not normal. it can be controlled with medication

I suggest making an appointment with a psychiatrist and you can discuss it with him, there may be many ways to treat this condition or you may feel that its benign and not worth treating at all. You really should talk to a doctor about it though.
>>
>>17401833
agreed with this, plus if you're not getting enough sleep then it does make auditory hallucinations worse. it can even cause you to have them if you're not prone to them otherwise. I do not have psychosis but if I go without sleep long enough, the fan or hepa filter or other white noise will start to sound like whispering.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.