[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Male >25 >Married My wife and I lived our whole lives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Male
>25
>Married

My wife and I lived our whole lives in Minneapolis until two years ago when we moved to Seattle for job I was offered. We moved because the job was an amazing learning opportunity for me and paid really well.

Now my employer has opened in office *in* Minneapolis and has offered to relocate me back home. I'd get to keep my Seattle salary too which is around $170k/year after bonuses.

Should I take it? Help me decide. What would you do?

Pros of Seattle
> Really great group of friends. We always have stuff to do on the weekends.
> Legal Weed
> Mountain and ocean recreation
> Better career advancement offices at my company's HQ and swaths of competitors.
> Climate
> Close to Portland and Vancover.

Cons of Seattle
> Will likely never be able to afford a decent house. If we are lucky we will get a condo or a very small house in a shit neighborhood.
> Seattle is full of rich yuppies and overpriced bullshit.
> Crowded. Traffic is terrible, there is nowhere to park, everything is always packed.

Pros of Minneapolis
> Will be able to afford a great house in a great location.
> Near family.
> Low cost of living means you get more interesting locals. You can make it on a modest income in Minneapolis, which leads to more authentic restaurants, art, etc.
> Better place to raise a family. My parents can babysit, my kids will be able to afford to live there when they grow up even if they don't land super high-paying jobs.
> Can afford to buy some rental properties for passive income.

Cons of Minneapolis
> No friends. My wife and I were both kind of losers in High School. Making new friends is really hard for me.
> Illegal weed. (My wife's dad smokes weed though. I could probably score from him).
> Less room for career advancement in a satellite office, competitors won't be able to match my salary. I'll be stuck unless I take a pay-cut.
> Climate
>>
Talk with your wife.
>>
I'd say minneapolis, but that's mainly on the basis if y'all want to have kids.

seattle is also probably just going to get more expensive in the coming decade due to chinese immigrants/investors.
>>
>>17401423
She is just as torn as me.
>>
I've been to both Minneapolis and Seattle.

I'd say, Seattle by far because Somali cawk will rape you, your wife and your kids and if you tried to do anything about it, you'd be a racist bigot.

Seattle has a bad heroin problem, but, asians don't rape and the coffee houses are great.

My vote is for Seattle, If I had to choose where to raise my family I'd take Seattle at the top and Vegas and Minneapolis at the bottom.

Ask yourself, Which city offers the best future for your family?
>>
>>17401420
Uh, well, I live in Minneapolis.

Today it rained balls and then yesterday it was 90 degrees.

In six months, it will be well below zero. Imagine how you'll feel about your decision then.

No, in all seriousness, Minneapolis is a great city for all of the reasons you listed but there are a lot of cons you aren't listing.
>Roadwork. Right now, there is construction on almost every major highway. Transit times are double what they should be--on a good day. Not to mention the eye sore and noise that comes with the construction.
>>
>>17401420
>>170k
What's your job???
>>
>>17401480
>Ask yourself, Which city offers the best future for your family?
Came in to say the same thing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.