[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is another question about dating, but in a slightly different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1468451633007.jpg (252KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468451633007.jpg
252KB, 1200x900px
So this is another question about dating, but in a slightly different way.

I've always wanted a long term serious relationship, to get married, find a "true love" the whole nine. But for those of you who know what schizoid personality disorder is, I have that. For those that don't, basically like having a severe case of being a loner, I don't like being around other people and I've never really felt connected to another person even my family members, even during sex the other person is like an inconvenience.

I've tried having many serious relationships, and I've tried FWB and I always find that I grow to hate being around the person very quickly if I see them any more that about once every two weeks no matter how much in common and no matter how much I actually like them. It's just the fact that they're a person I guess. This is an obvious problem especially since I can just swear off relationships and people in general because I still have a need to know that I'm approved of and loved by a SO. But I don't want to keep getting into relationships and hurting the other person by leaving them because I dont want to be around them. I just want the approval, not the person if that makes any sense. So I guess my question is how could I have and where would I find like a permanent long term long distance relationship or maybe someone can come up with another solution to this?

PS. Therapy and counciling does fuck all to help, I've tried. And my family and friends have kinda learned to deal with me so there's really no problem there although I wish I could be closer with them but I think they understand.
>>
>>17401198
You could look for someone who doesn't really want to be around much. I know a girl who has been in a long distance relationship with a guy who lives across the country for something like 15 years now. They see each other for a weekend once or twice a year, only talk once or twice a week. It's not a close relationship, but it seems to work for them.

You could try to find something like that I guess.

I like that variety of chicken, by the way. They're very friendly and affectionate, especially if handled as chicks.
>>
File: images-5.jpg (9KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
9KB, 274x184px
>>17401227
Lol. Do you raise chickens or something?

Also thanks for the story, something like that sounds perfect, it seems impossible to meet someone who wants that though. I'd even be cool with talking a little more than that if they'd wanted. Do you happen to know how they met? I've looked into online dating but everything seems to be only for local people and they of course want to hang out all the time and it ends up exactly the same.
>>
4chin amateur life coaches, any of you there?
>>
>>17401227
Buff orps 4 life!
>>
>>17401520
What?
>>
>>17401520
Never mind, the chicken, looked it up.

Anyway, I'm still looking for suggestions on what to do if anyone would like to help.
>>
>>17401303
They met through a mutual friend at a nerd convention (SDCC I think). Try picking some high density areas a good distance away from where you live and set up dating profiles there specifying what you're looking for and why.

You can also try something like craigslist's personals sections (regular ltr, "other", or "platonic"). CL tends to attract a lot of oddballs which might be good in your case. If you don't care about having sex or seeing someone ever, you can set this up as a platonic thing, or an open relationship. Dunno, you can figure that out with the other person.

I don't raise chickens myself (there's a town ordinance against keeping them where I live) but I grew up in an area near a lot of farms and still know people who raise them. Orpingtons are just really nice chickens compared to a lot of breeds. They aren't as aggressive in maintaining the pecking order the way other breeds are (like for example, Rhode Island Reds are gigantic assholes), and even if they weren't handled much when young a lot of them like being around people.

Most of the chickens I've known that like being picked up and held have been Orpingtons (safety warning: most chickens, including Orps, don't like being picked up, but even chickens that do can reflexively peck at things to check if they're food so keep jewelry and eyeballs out of beak range).

My cousin keeps a couple Orps and I picked up one when it hopped up into my lap and started nuzzling my armpit while I was petting it. Now whenever I visit and that chicken sees me, she'll cluck at me for attention and will get very upset if I don't at least pet her for a little bit. If I do pick her up she'll start trilling which is cute and all, but I'd like to break her of the attention seeking habit. Unfortunately she'll start distress squawking if I ignore her for too long and it seriously freaks out the rest of the chickens. So yeah, I've been trained by a bird.
>>
>>17401890
I don't know about the open relationship part, like I said I really like the traditional relationship idea it's just that I push people away if I'm around them often. Maybe taking your advice and traveling to conventions and doing online dating with the location changed would work if I just did it so I would meet people who are close enough to see once a month or so.

Thank you for the advice, you sound like a really caring person. I'll try that and see if things go any better. Maybe I'll even try raising some chickens after I finish uni, I've always wanted a small collection of farm animals anyway lol.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.