[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

21 year old NEET here. Today I've decided that enough is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2792683668246.jpg (271KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2792683668246.jpg
271KB, 1200x800px
21 year old NEET here. Today I've decided that enough is enough. My life won't go anywhere if I continue to stay with my mother and I need to leave.

Where could I go with a couple hundred bucks in my pocket? Should I just do military and go from there?
>>
Why not just find a roommate and move into an apartment? Do you not have a job yet? Find a job, silly
>>
>>17400830

this. you are doing it backwards OP. get a job first. then move out if it has the means. if not, save and look for a better job along the way.
>>
Also, in case you needed advice for finding a job:
Make a resume. If you don't have an experience, list volunteering you've done. Haven't done any volunteering? List family friends, religious leaders, teachers who liked you, anyone you can scrounge up as a reference.

Include the WPM you can type, and lie your ass off about knowing how to use Excel. Bitches love Excel. Stress that you are a people pleaser (even if you aren't, people pleasers don't fucking exist, not the kind of abuse appeasing "pleasing" that exists in retail).

Now think of franchises. Any franchise. McDonald's. Walgreens. Safeway. Apply on their websites. Keep your phone charged and your ringer loud. Once you've applied to every franchise known to man, get on Craigslist and look for even more low-skilled openings. I gotten some cool jobs this way - a cashier in the cafeteria of a biotech firm with real scientists - but I had to suffer through fucking Walgreens first.
>>
File: 1468501931986.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1468501931986.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>17400824

MILITARY OP

Get it. Shit will change your life for the better
>>
>>17400860
Don't listen to this guy, a lot of people leave the military with PTSD over friends who died, missing limbs, and few benefits from the government.

One of my old coworkers from Burger King was a Navy vet with nothing to show for it. The maintenance guy at my old apartment complex was an Army vet. He had his job because he knew how machines+electronics worked, but he didn't learn that shit in the military. He would cringe when fireworks went off.
>>
>>17400847
thanks for the lengthy response! I'll take all of that into consideration.
>>
>>17400885

OP here. If I'd go the military route, I think i'd go for Air Force. I'd probably be able to get a decent ASVAB score which would yield more of a technical job, no?
>>
>>17400893

Not every job is combat related. There are soldiers that sit in air conditioned rooms filing paperwork the whole time they're in. Just don't choose infantry.
>>
>>17400885

Don't listen to this guy, he works at Burger king and assumes all military are working with him.

Also, the amount of people with no shit PTSD / missing limbs etc is far fewer than you think.

>>17400893

Regarding this, most things in the Air Force (and they consider themselves a business) are technical. Sure, the better you test, the more qualified you are, and based on the needs of the service, might yield something more technical.

Decide what service you're joining first, don't worry about your job.

You have no idea where you'll go, what it will be like, who will work for you, with you, and who you'll work for - the command climate, etc.

Same goes for wherever you go, of course - make the best of it.
>>
>>17400908
thanks for the input. i'll visit a recruiter in the coming week and get all the info I need before I make any rash decisions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.