[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to hang out with me people? My parents never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1438330163462.png (128KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1438330163462.png
128KB, 579x523px
How do I learn to hang out with me people?

My parents never let me have friends when I was younger so now that I am at college I literally have no idea how to hang out or really have constructive conversations. I more or less spent all of my time not at school at home on web forums so I'm totally lost
>>
>>17400229
spoiler you might become alcoholic
when i arrive at a party i drink to feel less inhibited
quickly become tipsy and make weird joke
drink again because shamed of self
repeat till death
>>
>>17400229
Hello Anon, your problem is in your question. You blame your parents for you being an introvert. But you are at college now and it's all up to you.

Firstly, give up the web forums. It makes you think that you're being social, but you aren't. Stop. Now. Web forums are a cesspool. 4chan is an unflushed toilet, good for laughs but nothing else.

You're on campus. Join some clubs. Hang out where other students do. When there, don't be on your phone, rather have a good book in front of you with the cover visible. Some one who knows the book may well approach you, that's an easy way to advertise.

The lurkers here on /adv/ who complain that that they have no life in real life aren't trying, they are too scared. Being online is easier and more comfortable, but it's not fulfilling.
>>
>>17400346
Do you laugh at unflushed toilets?

srs good advice however. Listen to him OP. My tip would be to start with a church community if you don't feel too weird about religion. Those people are usually very welcoming
>>
>>17400229
Stop blaming your parents you fucking Autist. Unless you were home schooled you blew your own shot at normalcy.
>>
>>17400229

first and foremost, invite them to somethign specific. having any sort of pretense makes thigns a lot easier.

you like video games? grab a good multi player one and watch it with them. invite them to a meal, and just talk. invite them to play pokemon fucking go. just pick some sort of pretense.

from there it will naturally evolve based on the dynamic you two naturally have.

Joss whedon (writer on buffy, firefly, dollhouse, and the two avengers movies) had a similar issue to you. he was able to dress it to seem like it wasn't what you were going through. but it was the same.

he could not understand the concept of 'hanging out'. so instead, he would invite his cast and crew to his house for a 'Shakespeare reading'. they'd just pick parts and read parts from the play and drink alcohol if they so chose.

it inevitably turned to what it was: just people hanging out and shooting the shit.
>>
>>17400379
My mom would beat me if I left the house during high school or wasn't at her car within 5 minutes after my last class at school.
>>17400367
>>17400346
my dad said he'll stop paying for my education if he detects I am participating in any extra-curriculars, I guess I will have to do that sort of thing discretely
>>
>>17400229
find the emo group and hope they say hi back to you. its a good start.
>>
>>17400229
Before you out time and effort into this, ask yourself "is this really important to me?"

I know that I felt pressure when I was younger to be social and have lots of friends, because that was what you were "supposed" to do.

The older I get the more I realize that friendships are not important to me, and that I should have experience spent more time developing other skills that were more important to me, rather than interpersonal ones.

If it is important to you, by all means, pursue it. But most people just don't take the time to consider whether or not it's worth it or not. Just my 2 shekels.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.