[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the amount of bad rep that CS gets on /g/ I'm starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1465277641006.png (507KB, 515x494px) Image search: [Google]
1465277641006.png
507KB, 515x494px
With the amount of bad rep that CS gets on /g/ I'm starting to think many people have just lost hope for what happens after their degree.

The smart thing to do would be to build up an impressive portfolio and build relationships with people who are already in the industry.

I'm going to study CS next year just because I want to. I don't have any prospects of landing a job, I don't think I could work in the industry anyway.

The course im doing now will take a year off the already 3 year degree so that buys me a lot of time.

Am I making foolish mistakes?
>>
Trip checked.

Just trust your gut OP. Based on statisics, how well will/can each path you take go?
>>
>>17398999

CS is a waste of time. There is absolutely nothing that you can learn in a CS curriculum that you couldn't teach yourself far more cheaply and efficiently. In fact getting a university degree is worse because their curricula lags behind the industry significantly. (A database course still teaching SQL 2000.)

If you want to do something for fun, study astronomy.

Another reason it's slammed is because the industry really is completely different. Clients have woken up to the endless software development failures and insane costs and are putting their data in the hands of respected cloud providers and their associated applications. They don't have to deal with development at all, data security is turned over to the provider, and all updates are performed by them as well. No Change/Configuration/Release Management (which was a scam anyway).

IT is now just slightly worse than being a plumber, because plumbers deal with real shit and in IT it's just imagined.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.