[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I reply when people say shit like "wow, you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (85KB, 491x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 491x262px
How do I reply when people say shit like "wow, you're tall" and "how did you get so tall?" and any other likewise statement. I'm 6'5" and it's always awkward when someone says this

>pic unrelated
>>
>>17397924
"Dunno, one day I was a tiny shrimp and next I just shot up like a bamboo tree." Something like that to make it funny
>>
If someone asks if you play basketball, you bend wall the way fuck down to their level and ask in your deepest voice if they fucking play mini-golf.

My sister asked that a sub teacher at her high school and the sub did exactly that.

Just make a joke of it.

"I ate my wheaties"
>>
>>17397924
You reply sarcastically or in an offensive-defensive manner. Screw people.
>>
I'm 6'0" and it's weird when this happens to me, esp cause I'm not really all that tall. Anyway I'm a faggot so I'll usually say something like "thanks, I tried" or something sarcastic like that.
>>
>>17397924
>wow you're so tall
"wow, water is so wet"
Or
"Thanks, the weather's actually better up here"

>how did you get so tall
"Oh I just consumed my unborn twin. Thanks for the concern"

Try to be snarky or funny about it is all, people just point out the obvious when they are awkward and don't know what to say
>>
>>17397924
I'm 6'6" and I usually reply with "Yeah? Well, at least I can always reach the top shelf!"
>>
I'm 6'4" and people rarely mention my hieght. When they do I usually tell them it's not so amazing being tall - we hit our heads on more things, sometimes have to duck going through doors, and having enough legroom in vehicles is always a concern.

I also crack a lot of jokes.
>>
File: 1451589484290.png (281KB, 474x666px) Image search: [Google]
1451589484290.png
281KB, 474x666px
>>17397924
I'm a spit under 6'5" (which is a better way of saying I'm 6'4½") and get this alot too.

If they're being malicious about it you have a few options. You can give them the look you'd give a retarded child who just told you the grass is green and just say "yes, I am". You can give them an over exaggerated look of surprise and say "oh, am I?", or "thanks for pointing that out mate, I hadn't noticed". Apersonal favorite of mine is to tell them "well men are big and strong, perhaps you'll be as big as me when you're all grown up" then smile pat them on the head. Just don't do the last one in a heated situation, otherwise you might get attacked by a flock of wild manlets.

If you want to be light hearted about it there's "I didn't want to finish my weetabix once but my mum told me they'd make big big and strong, so I ate the whole box". I often tell people at work that as a child I fell in to a gro-bag (don't know if you have those in the US, it's a plastic bag full of compost that you grow tomato plants in) and had some difficulty getting back out. If you think they'll get the reference, "for you" is always good.

It does get a little frustrating after the 2,000th time that someone points out that you're tall, but most people just don't see guys this big in their day to day business so it's a genuine surprise for them. Not entirley sure where commenting on how tall someone is lies on the SJW scale - you'd certainly never hear someone say "wow, you're so short/fat/black" in a social situation and expect the recipient to react well to it.
>>
>>17397924
Be funny about it.

"I am? You're the first person to ever tell me that, thanks!"
"Thanks, being tall really grew on me."
>>
>>17397924
I am 6'6" and holy fucking shit people think they are so original

"DO YOU PLAY BASKETBALL"
"DO YOU PLAY FOOTBALL" (I am also really wide shouldered)
"HOW IS THE WEATHER UP THERE"

every. fucking. time

I always just brush it off with a joke, I dont think being an asshole is any good.
>>
Just say your mother made good food
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.