[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR: I'm not good at relationships and they absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1426478001451.png (258KB, 900x373px) Image search: [Google]
1426478001451.png
258KB, 900x373px
TL;DR: I'm not good at relationships and they absolutely consume my life. How do I stop wanting them?

I've been girl crazy my whole life, even when I was a toddler. My dating life has been pretty shoddy. I've had a handful of very short-lived relationships and several single dates. I recently ended a month long relationships with a girl whom I really liked but had a falling out with.

I'm not too great at relationships but I think about them all the damn time. I have two exes in particular that I've pined for months after we broke it off, most likely because I miss the feeling it gives me. But I'm not a great boyfriend. I wouldn't call myself controlling, but the thought process that would drive someone to be that is there. It hasn't been the cause of any breakups, but it makes it hard to think about anything else. And I get so emotionally wrapped up in these things it's unbearable. I get way stressed out and neurotic over it and can't concentrate on anything else.

I'm fixing to move to another state to follow my childhood dreams. I also have a couple other time-consuming things that I want to delve into. On top of that, I'll have to work a lot of hours to fund these pursuits. But I proved this month that I would gladly give up time with what I truly want to spend time with a girl.

How do I stop wanting them so desperately? I want to be able to clear my mind and focus on what really matters but all I want is these damn girls.

I also want to clarify that I've never sacrificed my self-respect to be with someone and I've ended relationships/dating pursuits multiple times because I didn't feel like I was being treated well. That's not the issue.
>>
I feel you OP. I obsess about girls way too much. I have very low self esteem and it's hard to concentrate on myself because all i think about is who my next gf is going to be.

I think my evolutionary testosterone just wants me to settle down and have a family. That's all I want.
>>
>>17397762
>I have two exes in particular that I've pined for months after we broke it off, most likely because I miss the feeling it gives me
Do you feel that the chase is better than the prize?
>>
>>17397898
The prize makes me feel better than the chase. It's gay as fuck but I could spend hours laying in bed, just looking into their eyes and saying sweet shit. And I did. Spending time, going on dates, even if things end poorly that's what I remember. Those two relationships were actually initiated by them when I wasn't actively looking.
>>
>>17397926
How old are you? You just might be looking to settle down hormonally and emotionally but not logically.
You have to keep yourself in check and think about your goals.
>>
>>17397926
>Those two relationships were actually initiated by them when I wasn't actively looking.
That's the secret, handsome

Focus on yourself instead. Be ready. The real secret to gaining something, is letting it go. The act of wanting sets up barriers for what ever you want in life to come rushing towards you. It will keep it's distance because wanting =/= having. Start to imagine yourself the way you would naturally feel if you already achieved what you cherish in life. That feeling will grant you a better attitude and thus higher chances of gaining a newfound love as the opportunity arrives. When you let go and walk into the world with the perspective of someone that already got what they want, there's no obstacles attached to you. Worries and concerns may arise, but there's nothing to stick to, so they'll just pass through, and as the right girl comes along, you'll be more awake, more prepared and ultimately more attractive, and all you need to do is reach out and grab her attention.

My two cents anyway.
>>
>>17397962
The problem isn't that I WANT to start another relationship, it's that I want to stop trying to find another relationship and be able to focus on myself and my goals.

>>17397946
22. I try but I'm a weak motherfucker. I'm not looking to settle down but I'm really looking to have an emotional connection with someone.
>>
>>17397976
Same answer; let it go. Learn to let go. Google how to let go. YouTube videos in how and why to let go. Letting go is the end of all suffering. It doesn't matter whether you let go of things you want, or let go of things you want to avoid.

It will align you with your true purpose. The thought of having a gf isn't a bad thing in and of itself. But if it gets in the way if you finding happiness, let it go. You'll know when whenever the thought arises, you'll just laugh about it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.