[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, this may not be a topic you come across every day, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1453493251150.jpg (124KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1453493251150.jpg
124KB, 1600x1063px
Alright, this may not be a topic you come across every day, but I'll just cut to the chase.

>Be 18, exchange student in Japan, really introverted
>Everyone told me that there's no problem even if I'm not an extrovert.
>Now been here for five months, really just want to end it and go home. The program is originally scheduled to last until New Year's.
>No freedom at all -- I'm told to do something and I basically have to do it. People list me up for some events and stuff for me, without even asking if I want to go.
>Everyone in school acts like elementary schoolers. I was told that they were childish before I left, but this is way beyond my expectations.
>Can't make friends with people due to the above and just not having that much in common.
>The only people I really get along with are my host family, but they want me to "experience Japan and talk to as many people as possible".
>I even wrote in my application that I'm an introvert and prefer activities that I can just do with a few friends.
>Tried talking with some of my friends whether I should just quit and come back home.
>No one really seems to care, my closest friend just says that since I'm here already, I might as well stay here until the program is over.
>Some days ago I got this overwhelming feeling that everyone hates me. My friends back home, everyone here too.
>Parents saying it'd be nice if I'd be here until the end.
>Starting to get depressed again. Had some problems a few years ago but managed to somehow sort them out by myself.
>Probably can't go see a psychologist until I'm in Finland.
>Even if I'd return, I'd just be seen as the guy who dropped out.

I want to clarify that this isn't exactly culture-shock or homesick or anything like that. I just don't see myself gaining anything from being here any more.

Also, I'm almost fluent in daily Japanese, so I can actually communicate with people etc.

So, should I just go home or try to force myself to suffer five more months?
>>
>>17396996
I'd stay. The depression of leaving is going to be a lot worse. Power through that bitch.
>>
Look at it like this. You will never see this opportunity again. You are young, force yourself to go out. Ask you friends to take you out or introduce you to some females. Go to the gym if there is one close or ride a bike to the park. Fuck some chicks mane, there are people who wish to be in your position, everything will be forgotten in the years to come.
>>
>a depressed Finn
try to be less of a stereotype, geeze
>>
>>17397010
>>17397013
Thanks. I mean I can probably go through summer, but after school starts again, I just have no idea what to do.

After the schoolday is over, I wouldn't even have time normally to go to, say, the gym, even if I wanted. The things I study here won't transfer to my school back home either, so it really just feels like I'm in the school to be laughed at. But it looks like if I quit school, I'll be forced to return home, wanted it or not.
>>
>>17396996
People won't listen to you until you have a breakdown. I would honestly recommend doing your best to just drop contact with people and be by yourself for a little bit, at least two weeks.

Take a break, my friend. You need it. Do your best to just not do anything.

It's not the best advice, but it's what I do when I'm depressed. The first few days of nothing are awful, you get even more depressed, but honestly by the end of it I feel great. I don't know if it works for anyone else, but yeah.

I hate myself and want to die.

Good luck!
>>
Op I really really want to belt you in the face with all my might

You :
Young
Male
Single
Living in a foreign country that your family is not in

Stop being a whiny little bitch you have got the key to the city go wild. Take it from a guy who was in your situation it was a blast at the time and I have zero contact with anyone I was their with now. Meaning don't worry if some faggot tells you to do something or signs you up for an event witho out asking it's what Asian people are best at.

Just do your own thing this is meant to be the time of your life live it up how you want, after school go play shogi at the park with the oldies, meet qts at the mall, join a club that you want, go visit anime shops, be an introverted guy who is happy, immerse yourself where YOU want to be. I kick myself every now and then thinking of the times I wasted doing things I didn't want to when I was overseas, buddy fuck all em and do what you wanna because in less the a few weeks after your back to your country all those people I Japan that are "relevant" literally no longer exsist so why listen to them now ?
>>
>>17397096
Thanks, but I think if I'd just go and take a break people here would freak out. I mean sure, back home no one cares if I spend the whole day in my room, but here the host family would probably kick me out after a few days.

>>17397111
Thanks, I never really thought about it that way. I guess if I just care less, things might actually go my way.
>>
>>17397133
Make the most out of it mate, down the road when you are truly trapped in the life game you will know that he short time you were in Japan was an absolute gift for your life

I mean bro your doing very well , your abit too hard on yourself worrying about a lot of what if he said she said nonsense, plenty of time to do that when your trapped like the rest of us but now is your moment and time to soak in as much fun and craziness as you can and in an awesome country like Japan that can be done with little effort.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.