[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ so I'm going to start college this fall and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: colleges_sign2.png (7KB, 300x408px) Image search: [Google]
colleges_sign2.png
7KB, 300x408px
Hey /adv/ so I'm going to start college this fall and I'm taking a bi major and am in pre-med. However a problem has came up for me right now and I'm taking calc. for life science since I passed my ap exam and I was planning on taking stats after since its going to be a requirement for the med school I want to go to, but now I've been doing research on life science calc and its seen as easier than reg. calc. so now I'm not sure if I should take it or just take stats and work my way up since I read that med schools like it when you take rigorous courses

Also, college advice thread
>>
>>17396925
Is life science calc a degree requirement? Does it lead into anything else? Do you think that the class would actually be helpful for you in your major or is it more of a throw away class.

Yes of course med schools like it when you take rigorous courses, but try not to overdo it your first year or you might run into some trouble. How many credits are you taking? What else are you taking? Pre-med can be tough, there are classes out there designed to filter out students who can't hack it. I always heard classes like organic chem were tough and caused a lot of major switching. Which class do you think would set you up better to excel in the harder parts of the major? One math class taken in your first year probably wont make a big difference, overall you just want to finish at the top or near the top of your graduating class. Worry more about the major specific stuff which might actually challenge you, doesn't seem like calc is going to tear you up.
>>
My biggest advices for new college kids is

1. be comfortable with failure. You will fail. Probably. Really probably. Suck it up, deal with it, don't let a fuck up generate more fuck ups.

2. make friends in the very first week. When you go to college, people want to make friends. Within a week or two groups are already formed. You will have a really hard time getting into one afterwards.

When I was a freshman I didn't talk to anyone because I was in a rough patch. 5 years later and I still don't have many friends in college.
>>
>>17396941
>Is life science calc a degree requirement?
Yes it is

>Does it lead into anything else?
Not sure what you mean by that, but its the last math class for the degree

>Do you think that the class would actually be helpful for you in your major or is it more of a throw away class.
I think that it'll help me

>How many credits are you taking? What else are you taking?
I'm taking 12 credits. I have psych, uni writing, and some freshman seminar

Thanks for the advice tho anon, that was pretty helpful
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.