[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I justified in being pissed off? Im going shopping today,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images-1.jpg (17KB, 463x317px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
17KB, 463x317px
Am I justified in being pissed off?
Im going shopping today, my mother wanted to come along so last night i asked when she wanted me to pick her up. She said 8am.
I arrive at 7:55 and shes still in her pjs. I ask if we're going and she said once she finished her coffe shed have a shower then we will go.
8:15 and shes still drinking it.
She gets a phone call, i ask her to not answer it and go shower so we can leave because i didnt want this to be a day event.
She answers it. Shes on the phone until 8:45.
She hangs up, i again say for her to go shower because we need to leave. She got upset because i was ticked off.
I just say for her to please go shower. As im saying that the phone rings again. I tell her not to answer it. She answers it.
She hung up at 9:48. During this i am coming in and pointing at the clock. During this some guy shows up and hes now fixing her computer.
Its 9:57 and he just left. She doesnt understand why im so angry and says im overreacting.
2 fucking hours.. shes in the shower now.
>>
You have a right to be pissed but since she's your mother just let it go.
>>
>>17396384
Agreed, next time you want to get things done quickly just don't tell her. She is your mom and it's not worth being pissed off.
>>
>>17396384
Its every time though, I dont know what I can do to help her stop being late for every fucking thing.
>>
You should have just left instead of sticking around and becoming angry.
>>
>>17396390
She probably wont change, just accept it. If you need to be somewhere important or need her to be then tell her that the event starts an hour before it does. Or show up an hour before you actually want to leave.
>>
>>17396366
my own mom does this a lot and I've stopped putting up with it. you don't have to get angry with her, but you can be firm and tell her that you had previous plans and that you can reschedule and bring her along next time.

The more you put up with it and linger around, the more she's going to feel she was 'right' that it wasn't actually urgent.
>>
I hate people who do this. I have friends/acquaintances like that and it pisses me off to no end. I usually never hang out with them again.

Kill your mom and stuff her bodyparts in a freezer.

>>17396391

This. Teach the cunt that 8 means 8.
>>
>>17396366

As soon as she picked that phone up the first time you should have deduced whether the call was an emergency or not, if it isn't, you say: I'm sorry but I *am* leaving in fifteen. I have plans, if you want to come shopping you've got 15 minutes which is more than enough to shower, dress, and be in my car. I'm leaving at that point.

As previous Anons said, if you let people continue this behavior they subconsciously (or if they are real pricks, consciously) develop an expectation that you will tolerate it and they will abuse it. Even if they don't mean to, and when you finally fill up with enough annoyance and resentment over them and point it out to them after an extended period of time the embarrassment and guilt is immediately expressed as anger and shock.
>>
>>17396366
Honestly I would've left after 8:45. I would've told her I have a time limit and I needed to go asap and that I can't wait.
Next time don't fucking tell her you're going out
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.