[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone recommend me a good book about how to make smalltalk,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1375159226089.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1375159226089.gif
2MB, 316x213px
Could someone recommend me a good book about how to make smalltalk, or just give me some specific tips and pointers?

I can go on for hours about a topic I really care about, but smalltalk is literally a mystery to me.

Normies, please show me the way
>>
The weather, ask how the person is feeling, what their hobbies are, share your opinions or ask for theirs on subjects like sports, the weather, animals, tv shows etc
>>
>>17396283
But how do you keep a conversation going?

How do you make "good vibes"?

Suppose I say the following:
>Me: It's really hot now, hope it cools down soon
>Other person: Yeah

Then what? Or if someone asks me about my hobbies, how do I respond in a way to keep the conversation going?
>>
>>17396297
Talking about the weather is boring and a nonstarter. Generally I just ask people questions about themselves, people love to talk about themselves. Even if I'm not interested in what they are talking about, I feign interest and keep the convo going knowing that eventually it will hopefully turn into something more interesting.

If they ask you about your hobbies, then talk about them. What do you love about it? How did you get into that? You can also ask them shit like that. I've found that in general people don't care to learn about you, but they are happy to talk about themselves. You seem more engaging even though you have told them very little to nothing about yourself.
>>
File: book.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sure
>>
>>17396315
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

>>17396319
Thanks, I'll look into getting a copy of that.
>>
>>17396297
Basically by asking follow up questions
In that scenario you could'vr asken what type of weather they like the most, or change the subject to something else
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.