[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family is hyper critical of me and it's starting to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1468807748620.gif (2MB, 458x334px) Image search: [Google]
1468807748620.gif
2MB, 458x334px
My family is hyper critical of me and it's starting to get to me. Doesn't matter what I do, I'm just met with criticism 24/7, and I am close to snapping.

I'm about two weeks from moving out of home, but don't know how much longer I'll last before snapping at them and losing it.

What do I do? I'm feeling borderline broken, and very depressed.
>>
Be elsewhere for 2 weeks.
Go to the library, antique store, park, river, mall, whatever. Just disappear. You don't need that negative energy.
Also, drop off a "Fuck you guys" letter before you move. Cement the anguish you've been feeling and make them deal with it.
>>
>>17395952
I agree with the be elsewhere advice, keep yourself busy for as much of the day as possible and then come home just to sleep.

Do not vent your frustration or write them a nasty letter though. I had a tough relationship with my parents growing up, but once I got distance from them our relationship improved a lot. Don't burn a bridge if you don't have to, you get nothing from giving them a fuck you on the way out.
>>
>>17395952
>>17395979
Okay, so try to be out of home as much as possible and cool down. I might try to see if i can afford therapy in the next year or something. It's been like this for a few years now, and my relationship with them has been getting more hostile over time, especially with my brother and mother.
>>
>>17396064
Are you leaving for college? If so, then access the university's mental health services. You can usually get some form of counseling.therapy on the cheap or for free.
>>
>>17396068
I just graduated, currently taking a year off while I apply to medical school.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.