[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was hired by my work they said I would be part time and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1337288979810.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1337288979810.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
When I was hired by my work they said I would be part time and work 20 hours, and that the times I would work wouldn't change too much. When I first started working they started me out working fucking 40 hours a week, and then they kept throwing in early opening shifts all the time even after I had worked until closing. This coming week they had me scheduled to work 9 days in a row, all 8 hour shifts, but I called in sick today.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm going insane working this much. And it isn't like sitting in an office in a chair all day, I'm on my feet all day running around an entire huge 2 story store. I come home every day and my entire body is sore and I just eat and go to sleep, I don't have any free time at all anymore. On my days off I just sleep.

What do I do? I'm not hard up for cash so should I ask for less hours? I don't want to get fired though. I feel like if I keep going like this I'm going to have a nervous breakdown, help
>>
>>17395391

no matter what you do there is a sacrifice, so decide what is worth more. i doubt they will fire you for asking for less hours, they will likely simply not listen to you. and if so, you'll want to find a new job anyway.

so essentially there is no harm in asking.
>>
>>17395398
I unfortunately can't find a new job, this is my first job and I need some more experience to put on my resume, I've only been there like 2 months.

I want to quit so badly though, every day I hope they fire me but instead they just keep giving me more hours and keep asking me to do more tasks. No one else I work with works as many hours as I do, and they call in sick way more than I do. When they call in sick they don't have a back up system either, I just have to do parts of their shift for them on top of my 40+ hours a week getting paid minimum wage.

I can't fucking take it anymore.
>>
>>17395405
>Only been there 2 months
I had a jobvas a valet long ago and it took a few months but I got used to it and it helped get me in pretty decent shape. I know its hard but if you stick with it you'll get used to it, a day at work will become a walk in the park, and you'll have a job witg experience to put on your resume and all the time you need to find another job so it doesn't feel rushed or desperate.
>>
You gotta get used to it is all.

I was in the same boat as you, I started working as a stock boy for overnight work this summer. They said I'd only work like 2-3 shifts a week, but I ended up working 40 hours. I was incredibly sore, tired and fucked up from day sleeping. Wanted to find another job, but now I found routine and its not the worst thing ever.

Give at least 3 months and give it a good college try and if you can't stand it then start looking for another job. Its easier to find work when you're employed. Be respectful to your current employer and always give two weeks notice if you want to quit, and you'll have a good reference.

I got way fitter from all the exercise so its been good for me.
>>
>>17395524
>>17395555
The problem is it is my first job because I was in an abusive relationship and was a shut in for a long time but I worked hard and went to therapy and recovered. I'm still not fully recovered though and it's like, the little sleep I do get is just full of nightmares of my abusive ex. Then I have to wake up and work 8 hours the next day and deal with people being rude to me and calling me names and stuff. I feel like I'm going insane and I feel like killing myself or locking myself away again. I've tried to be strong and do what my therapist told me to do which is to just stay positive and stuff but I'm having trouble finding the positive in this. If I quit my family and current boyfriend will also be disappointed in me and my boyfriend would probably break up with me because I live with him and wouldn't be able to pay rent and stuff anymore. I know my parents would yell at me, too. I just feel like I'm stuck in this and can't escape because either way I suffer.
>>
>>17395576
Spring swaps snow for leaves, friend. You'll be happy and wholesome again. Find comfort in those close to you. Talk to your boyfriend and family about it, you'll see that you're not alone in how you feel.
>>
>>17395628
I've tried talking to my family about it, it's hard. I can't go to them for comfort. I've tried going to my boyfriend as well for comfort but he's always too busy. I only have myself for comfort and it's starting to become too hard to deal with it on my own anymore. I don't really want to go back to therapy either again. That would just be another appointment to take up the little free time I have when I'm not working, you know?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.