[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This makes me want to cry. I live in Ontario. So if I live with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1469514205294.jpg (348KB, 896x1045px)
1469514205294.jpg
348KB, 896x1045px
This makes me want to cry. I live in Ontario. So if I live with a girl for a year, without have kids, without marrying. She can take half of my bank account?

This is so sad it's pathetic.
>>
>>17393984
Yes, don't date people who are poorer than you.
>>
Sorry pol triggered me. I think I found an answer:

Common-law rights upon break-up
Region: Ontario
Answer Number: 123
Unless you have signed a cohabitation agreement, common-law spouses generally have fewer legal rights than married spouses upon break up of a relationship. Under the Ontario Family Law Act, a man and a woman are living in a common-law relationship if they have been living together intimately for at least three years or if they have been living together for less time but they have had a child together.

Rights common-law spouses do not have
There are two important rights which married spouses have if they separate which common-law spouses do not have. First, common-law spouses do not each have an equal right to live in the family home. Second, common-law spouses do not have an automatic right to equalize their net family property acquired during their relationship. In most cases, both the home and other property go to the person who is the owner. Each person usually keeps everything they personally own and nothing more.

Where one or both of the common-law spouses has made a significant contribution to the property of the other, there may arise a right in respect of property based on principles of trust or unjust enrichment. Generally speaking, the longer the relationship between unmarried cohabitees or common-law partners the more likely there is a remedy. In some circumstances, it may be possible to be given the right to live in the family home or the right to divide property. This involves going to court and convincing a judge that you made a significant contribution to the home or to the property. It is best to consult a lawyer as this is a complex area of law.
>>
>>17393984
Wait, if I have a GF in Canada, I have to give 50% of my assets??
>>
>>17394099
Only if she's a greedy heartless whore that cares more about money than you and will exploit the system as much as she can to get it.

So basically, yes.
>>
>>17394106
Oh man, that is scary.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.