[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop my ex from killing herself? I'm assuming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1468148565297.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1468148565297.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
How do I stop my ex from killing herself?

I'm assuming it isn't just for attention. I've mentioned getting her to see a shrink and going on medication but she's in another country and I have no way of enforcing it.
>>
>>17392636
tell her you're gonna kill yourself if she does it
>>
Why does she want to kill herself? Is it because of recent events, or is she depressed?
>>
>>17392690
Because I broke up with her and I was her only friend. Also her first boyfriend and we're both 24 (yes really).
>>
>>17392710
>Because I broke up with her
Hold on a sec. Did she actually tell you she would kill herself if you left, or are you inferring this from her behavior?

This is important, OP, and probably not in the way you're thinking. We need to know this before we can advise you further. Did she tell you she would kill herself if you left, or didn't she?
>>
>>17392733
Yea
It's a completely different story if she threatend to kill herself If you would break up with her
>>
>>17392733
>>17392739

No I already broke up with her a month ago and now she wants to kill herself in the next day or so. I got a message out of the blue today and have been distressed ever since.
>>
>>17392745
Did she say anything about her wanting you back and not killing herself If you two got back together?
>>
>>17392755
No she just said she'd had enough and she was going to kill herself.
>>
>>17392745
>>17392755
>implying he should cater to her
i mean shit mane if she wants to kill herself
she'll do it eventually regardless of OP
this could be just a way to guilt trip OP
best u can do is report it to the police or smthn
get her on suicide watch
>>
>>17392745
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear it. That's a nasty gray area.

The reason I ask is that "I'll kill myself if you leave" is almost literally the oldest trick in the abusers' playbook. If someone makes this threat, then you can be sure that they will not.

But if I underatand you correctly, she didn't make the threat. She let you go, and that, to be honest, is a lot more worrisome.

My advice for what to do next is to ask her if she wants some help. Not much else to do until we know how much she wants treatment.
>>
>>17392774
>The reason I ask is that "I'll kill myself if you leave" is almost literally the oldest trick in the abusers' playbook

Yes I thought so as much as well.

>My advice for what to do next is to ask her if she wants some help. Not much else to do until we know how much she wants treatment.

Yes I'm hoping she follows my advice to see someone. There were hysterics at first but then weeks of nothing, and here I was thinking she'd accepted that it was over. I was not expecting this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.