[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys give me any help? I recently got into a wreck and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: wasteland.jpg (913KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
wasteland.jpg
913KB, 1440x900px
Can you guys give me any help?

I recently got into a wreck and I have to pay about $2,200 to get it fixed.... The problem? I don't have that money.

I don't have a credit card I can put it on, and I need the money by the end of the week because that's when the repairs will be finished and I need it to get to my nice, new job that WILL pay me a fuckton more money than the shitty minimum wage one I have now.

I can't get a loan either because I have fair credit and my wage is shit and I only started working there like four months ago. I've also tried applying for some with a co-signer but nothing's worked.

Do you guys have any idea what I can do to gather this money up? I can't be without my car or I'm well and truly fucked more than I am right now.
>>
>>17391337
Ask parenrs/family for a small loan? Otherwise just apply for a credit card or two. Even if you have shit credit, they give those things out like candy. Why did you agree to have the car fixed when you knew you wouldn't have the money? You can buy a cheaper car for that amount that will still get you from a to b
>>
>>17391337
Dude, you don't have money? TOO BAD. Take the fucking bus, beg for a ride from your parents, friends, siblings, family members, take the train, WALK, BIKE, ROLLER BLADE. That's your biggest problem? That you got yourself into a shitty fucking car accident and need a cushy, air conditioned ride to your cushy new job? Fuck off.
>>
2,200 is a big ticket to fix a car.

Can you tell me more about the vehicle for better judgement?
>>
>>17391357
I don't have any family to borrow anything from and they wouldn't have any money if they even agreed to lend me any. I originally had a friend that agreed to help me pay it and I'd pay him back after I started my new job, but he backed out and now it's not like I can force him to give me money. So that's that, I guess.

>>17391366
Buddy, I can't bus there. I already bus to my other, shittier job. I can't stay at my shittier job either because I am literally living off of fifty dollars a month after bills and the like, and if I didn't have a roommate, I'd be on the streets.

I moved away from my family because they were a bunch of abusive fuckheads who got drunk and pushed kids down stairs. I got away to NOT deal with that shit.

You need to calm the fuck down because someone's trying to ask for options to look at, not begging 4chan for money. Jesus shit, did your cat shit on your bed this morning?

>>17391371

The bumper, headlight and suspension got smashed, and they all have to be repaired. It's a hyundai Elantra too.
>>
>>17391386
And for clarification, when I say I can't bus there, I mean that it's in a small town over that's a 20 minute drive in a car. Buses don't go that far.
>>
>>17391386
Sounds like you'd be better off trying to sell it as is, as opposed to proceed with the repair.

Are you still in debt for the vehicle, or do you own it?
>>
>>17391401
I just bought it. At a dealership too so it's not an option to just total it and get a new car because it IS my new car.
>>
This is why you build an emergency fund of atleast $5k. Sorry op, I've no advice for you but hopefully others will take note.
>>
>>17391421
You just bought it, or you just financed it?
>>
>>17391430
Both. I bought it with my roommate and we're currently paying off it off still.
>>
>>17391442
Right, so you're still in debt on a now hunk of shit vehicle.

Buying something means you own it. Being in debt means you owe on something that isn't yours yet.

I don't know where you're at, but it's the law here to have full coverage insurance on vehicles you don't fully own for reasons exactly like this.

You're going to have your car repo'd, and you're going to owe money on damages.

Don't go in debt for anything.

For half the costs of the repairs, you could own a vehicle 100% that would be fairly reliable and might have a gimmick or two that's wrong, but able to be dealt with while still being drivable.
>>
>>17391337
Pawn/sell something of value, beg loans from everyone you know, and piece together at least a few hundred dollars. Tell the garage BEFORE Friday that you won't have the whole amount, but will have a portion of it to give them Friday. If you are really lucky, they'll work out a time payment plan for you or give you a month or so to come up with the rest.
>>
>>17391467
The full coverage thing is actually something we're trying to figure out, because it was our first time buying a car, and before i bought the insurance at the dealership, I made the seller guy look it over and confirm that I had everything. Which, it turns out that I didn't. I only had comprehensive, not collision.

He said that I had everything I needed, and he finished the paperwork and we left.

I'm calling the dealership today because they were supposed to call me last week about it all after i brought it to their attention after the accident, but I never got a call back.

I have no idea what that's going to do.

I think I'm kind of really fucked and I don't know how to even begin fixing it.
>>
>>17391507
Might have a payday in court at a future point in time, due to their negligence of selling a vehicle without it being properly insured as required by law.

But for right now, you're pretty SOL. But, try to keep track of every dollar you've lost due to this fiasco and hopefully the court will go in your favor if you're able to get there.

Maybe call a lawyer offering a free consultation on the case, and see if it's something worth pursuing?
>>
Gofundme.com

Just saying. Go beg on the internet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.