[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 and dating a 16 year old atm. 16 is the legal age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: WOJAKUS.jpg (89KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
WOJAKUS.jpg
89KB, 677x782px
I'm 23 and dating a 16 year old atm. 16 is the legal age here anyway, although our relationship isn't sexual yet.

I get so much grief about this, and although I don't care so much about these people, it certainly isn't pleasant being constantly harassed, not just by strangers and colleagues and acquaintances, but by some of (but not all) my own friends too. Having people call you 'pedo' in the street when I'm not doing anything legally wrong or morally wrong is starting to grind on me.

Should I even bother to try and talk my friends around, and if so how should I approach it?
>>
>>17391314
Just wait 2 years and you'll be golden.
>>
Its a tough call and really, without visual context, while not justified, appearances could make sense of it. Maybe you look particularly old and she young?

From my view while I wouldnt openly shout on the street, seeing a pair like that would have me suspicious. Its the social impression, she is young and naive with a much older guy who is into much younger girls. The gap in maturity would imply a hint of manipulation.

I personally would break it off unless you or your family are well off. Today teenagers are extremely immature and not ready for relationships proper, especially not with a 20 something. It will invariably lead to sex, what happens if she decides not to take the pill or lie about it to be "frisky" and falls pregnant? She is a teen, they are capable of things. As for you, why someone so young? On paper it implies you are young in mind and may need to mature.

For her sake I would look towards ending it, she needs to mix with her peers, as do you. There isnt much else I can say.

Irony is the opposite would probably be praised even for the girl.
>>
>>17391314

It's pretty damn weird at that point, dude.

Although I'm older than you and still think 16 year olds are hot, I'd never admit it to friends or family, and dating one? Well, it's not legal anyways, but I got enough shit from friends for having my Tinder search window accepting girls under 21. I wouldn't date one.

I think, no matter what you do, you're going to look predatory, like you're trying to take advantage of her inexperience. We don't know enough about the situation to make that judgement, but it's going to happen. If this girl is that worth it to you, I'd just accept it and know that for at least two more years, people are going to judge.
>>
Be short and dismissive about it if you want to say anything. When people say stuff like "she's sixteen, she's just a dumb kid", reply with "I know her better than you do and if I thought so I wouldn't be interested in dating her".
I don't see how trying to give long winded explanations will make anything better.

You will have to accept that morality is in part subjective and there will absolutely be people around who feel that it's immoral what you are doing, even if it's legal. There are good arguments both in favor of and against that stance.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you want to be in this relationship despite it being controversial, continue as planned. But you cannot also demand that other people feel the same way about it as you do, or even that they keep their comments to themselves. Sure, you can ask them to, but ultimately being in a relationship is a social ritual. You could be exclusive lovers without any label, that is purely something for the outside world. To ask people to both acknowledge your relationship and not speak their mind about it is not an option.
>>
>>17391393
>guy who is into much younger girls
>As for you, why someone so young?

I'm not 'into' younger girls, I even dated a 26 year old for just under a year when I was 21 and that went pretty well. It's not like I have a particular desire for younger girls, we just clicked really and things developed.

>>17391403
>but I got enough shit from friends for having my Tinder search window accepting girls under 21

How on earth can you get shit for aiming for women that are as old as 20? Some people say my situation is borderline weird, but at 20 it's perfectly fine whatever your age (I assume you are under 35, even if not, it wouldn't be bad).
>>
>I'm 21
>Dating a 17 year old Cambodian/Chinese girl
>Family mocks her race, claim I have an Asian fetish, I step up for her.
>We both really like each other, she gets my humor, she's already in college, we get along great.
>Nobody knows she's 17...
>Her parents don't know I'm a thin white ginger/blond
>We aren't even sexual, just go to movies and talk.

I hate myself for dating a 17 year old... I really do. But hey, her parents have a 10 year age gap. My heart is in the right place for her. I really love her for her.
>>
>>17391686
>I hate myself for dating a 17 year old... I really do

Why?

In about 99.8% of human history this was considered acceptable
>>
>>17391694
Not him and I think someone of 21 and 17 is pretty okay, especially if she's already in college and is obviously already in a further stage in life.

But your argument makes no sense. In 99.5% of human history marrying was something you did to combine tribes, get out of debt, solve issues between families or find stability and someone to provide (with kids or money). We live in different times and have different standards and expectations of life.

If there's a significant age gap at a young age, the risk is that the relationship stunts their growth. If two fumbly seventeen year olds get together, they can figure things out together and be young and silly together. Being with someone older can mean that the younger person feels a pressure to constantly man up and keep up with the pace of the older person, at the expense of having a more relaxed and drawn out process of fucking around and being a dumb kid. It is also understandable and easy that someone would feel ashamed about their need to "be a kid" a little longer, and thus swallow their hesitance and just go with the expectations of the older and firmer person who can "teach them what relationships are supposed to be like".

No one would've given a fuck about this back when marriage was a practical arrangement. People do give a fuck now that there's the expectation that during your teens and adolescence you have an elaborate, optimal development and identity search. Not to mention that a seventeen year old in most of human history would've already seen some shit (like public executions) and nowadays they are much more sheltered and thus childlike.
>>
>>17391737
>identity search

This is made up tumblr concept to justify being a whore
>>
File: 1469222808150.jpg (23KB, 275x346px) Image search: [Google]
1469222808150.jpg
23KB, 275x346px
Who gives a fuck?

People who are all up in your shit about it are usually lame in at least a few ways.

I have this friend, prolific amongst the music scene and recently turned 27, he dates girls that average around 16-19.

I don't give a flying fuck. In fact I think good for him, he treats them better than anyone their age would.

Now WHO out of my social circle had an issue with this?

A fat acceptance activist tumblrina
My friend who went along with what she said because hes super beta and dating her.

In general really it was mostly unattractive women and nu-males.

So purge your friend group.
>>
>>17391737
>man up
>stunts growth
do you just forget what you type as you type it?

>a seventeen year old in most of human history would've already seen some shit (like public executions) and nowadays they are much more sheltered and thus childlike.
gee, it's almost like what you are advocating is what stunts growth. so you're whining that a relationship with someone who can [quote] >"teach them what relationships are supposed to be like".
somehow stunts growth, but fucking around with another kid doing childish bullshit doesn't stunt growth?

here's some advice: don't ever tell another poster on this board that their argument makes no sense again.
>>
>>17391314
Aren't you worried that she's with you because you're older? And that you're with her because you're taking advantage of her inexperience?

Half your age plus seven is a rule for a reason, Anon. If you go past that then it's likely that you're together for reasons other than compatibility. Age is a number but maturity is not; your friends are looking at you askew, and rightly so, wondering if you're robbing the cradle because you're too useless or immature to find someone closer to your level.
>>
My brother is 20 and his girlfriend is 15. They get on great, they have been dating for at least 5 months. I'm 23 with a 21 year old girlfriend and it has fucked me up, to the point of depression and going to shrinks. I'd rather be with that 17 year old fire juggler I met the other day...
>>
>>17392121
>My brother is 20 and his girlfriend is 15.

Wtf fucking 15 jesus Christ
>>
>>17392003
What, growing into your own person in your puberty is a made up concept?

It being a real thing and tumblrtypes using it to justify being a whore aren't mutual exclusive.

>>17392038
Take a seven year old kid who has to be there for his parents all the time because of issues like substance abuse or sickness. Does it make the more mature in many ways? Sure. Does it also stunt their growth in other ways? Yes, because they miss out on carelessness that is part of being a child.
Something does not either benefit you or damage you, they often go hand in hand. I am not saying that such a relationship (in which the younger person feels forced to step up their game) is solely negative. I am saying that it pulls them into a more adult territory, which also has its disadvantages, and which parents will find harder to swallow than them taking their time to grow up. After all, after they're done with the childish relationships they will progress into more serious stuff anyway. Doing childish stuff together IS a form of growing. The games that kids play prepare them for real life, the childish relationships that teens have ease them into serious commitment.

It has its benefit to be fumbly together because you teach -each other- what relationships are like, you discover it together. And sure, there will be great men who are able to relay their life experience to a younger girl in a way that enriches her. There will also be guys who will use the leverage of being more worldy and having experienced more to boss her around and silence her in the relationship by saying that certain stuff is normal when it's subjective.
>>
>>17392207
As the 21 year old going out dating a 17 year old... 15 is too young. That's not even legal in my state!
>>
>>17392247
>>17392121
>>17392207
Yeah bro
I don't thing the age difference is that wierd

THE FUCKING WEIRD PART IS YOU ARE DATING A GOD DAM 15 YEAR OLD
>>
>>17392247

It's not legal here either, from what I know. They have no problem with it though, so their friends. Thanks to my brothers I learnt age gaps are not fundamental in a relationship. My older brother is 29 and has been married for 7 years with a 50 year old and they get on great.

I am the one with a normal age gap and it's shite. I don't wanna fucking marry and have kids at 23, having an office job and living in the same town for all my life. Fuck that shit
>>
ITT the /adv/ echo chamber

Lol you guys are pathetic. Whoever said the older guy is taking advantage of the younger girls inexperience hit the nail on the head. I don't have a problem with age gaps but when you're talking about a 15-17 who is still in high school and has no life experience then the maturity level is almost not even there. There are exceptions but on the whole they still are incredibly stunted in terms of maturity... If you're 30 and your girlfriend is 24 that's fine. 40 and 25 that's fine, because around the mid twenties you've usually gained a bit more life experience. You've had to take care of yourself and have more responsibilities. A 17 has none of that.

Yeah fight me, faggots.

>i dated a 17 year old when I was 22
>fun but bad idea
>>
>>17392082
>Aren't you worried that she's with you because you're older?

Not really, anyway she is Indian, and a 16 year old Indian has the similar maturity of a 21 year old westerner. Her parents actually like me a lot anyway, so that's one thing at least.

As for other people saying stuff about her missing out on childhood etc, Firstly she isn't really a 'child' anymore, but almost an adult. Secondly, I don't even see how it does, she doesn't really need to change her life anymore than she would if she was dating a fellow 16 year old.

If you think a 16 year old shouldn't be dating at all that's an opinion you're entitled to, but the age gap isn't relevant.
>>
I can only imagine how awkward it must be when you and her friends meet. Do you discuss how mean the teachers in her class are? and how she is anxious about that math test next week?
>>
>>17392433
>I can only imagine how awkward it must be when you and her friends mee

Not really, why would it be?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.