[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is a ridiculous question /adv/ but how often is "normal"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: iur.jpg (16KB, 286x252px) Image search: [Google]
iur.jpg
16KB, 286x252px
I know this is a ridiculous question /adv/ but how often is "normal" to go to a bar?

I recently moved to a new city and I want to try becoming a regular at a nearby bar that I like. But I don't know how that works, really. How often do people generally go out to their favorite bar? On TV it seems like they go every single day, but that seems excessive (and expensive).
>>
>>17389876
Well, that show cheers is basically what happens man. Excessive? Yes. Expensive? Idk. You're paying for a social experience.

Test it out, what times work for you? Some people, like on cheers, have friends at those bars. Work-> Bar-> Home. Rinse, repeat.
>>
>>17389876
As little as once a week, maybe less. Tipping well, going around the same day/time, and sitting in the same general area helps. Remember the names of the staff, and do not be a dick, in general or to the staff specifically.

Source: personal experience.
>>
bump for more opinions, and thanks for these ones! Just want to get a couple more.
>>
>>17389909
I agree with this anon. Once a week is plenty.
Just don't expect it to be instantly socially gratifying. These things take time before they pay off.
>>
>>17389991

Yes, thank you. Patience is a big part of this idea. Rather than see making friends as a sort of isolated, instantaneous, one-time incident, I'm trying to think of it as a gradual process. Being around, so people start to recognize me, and I start to recognize them.
>>
File: You will have a great day.jpg (88KB, 392x397px) Image search: [Google]
You will have a great day.jpg
88KB, 392x397px
Maybe don't put all of your eggs in one basket. There are a lot places to meet people besides bars: join a gym, volunteer at a charity, attend church, join a birdwatching group, take a class…
>>
>>17389876

Keep in mind that I'm a heavy drinker, and as such I'm kind of a regular at three bars (one near work, one near home, one near my best friend's house)...

I go to my regular bar about three times a week, maybe four. I used to go more when my friends were nearby and we could all go together. There's another bar I go to on my lunch break 2-3 times a week, and sometimes for happy hour with my coworkers. I end up there the most, just because of proximity to the office, and our liberal drinking policies.

The third bar is really somewhere I go kind of inconsistently because my friend loves it. It's a smoky little dive bar, but at any time of day, I swear it's the same people there.

My recommendation is to ease your way in - go a couple of times in a week, see what the busy hours are, and what the slow hours are. Chat up the bartender a bit, especially during the slow times. Make friends with them, and you'll start getting discounts. My first favorite bar closed, but I used to go there almost every day - and I'd end up paying like $5 before tip for like $35 worth of drinks. It was great.
>>
>>17391394

thanks anon, very helpful.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.