[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I respond to a "hey! I'm just checking in"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: zoop.jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
zoop.jpg
10KB, 300x200px
How should I respond to a "hey! I'm just checking in" text from someone I stopped corresponding with and dating 2 months ago? >They told me they needed space for health reasons via text (they didn't even call) because they said they weren't in a place where they could talk.
>they said they were checking in
>they asked how I was doing
>told me they were ok
>hoped that i was having an amazing summer

WTF? How do I even reply to this? What does a text like this mean?
>
>>
Send image of dick my man... 100
>>
>>17389200
Unfortunately, I don't have a dick. haha
>>
>>17389181

Do you WANT to reply? Is this someone you want to be in touch with?
>>
>>17389181
Well, that's bullshit. I had a best friend who pulled this shit with me because they found a new clique.
>told me it not you, it's me
>asked me to hang out after a few months
>acted like a bitch throughout
>texted me that it was me after all and she never wanted to speak to me again
>5 years later messages me that it was her and not me after all and that she misses my friendship
>suggest we hang out for old times sake
>uhhh i can't because it's me not you
>but can i unload my issues on you anyway
>nope.jpg

If they can't even get on the phone, they're just doing the survey for benefits. Most people are like this now because they want all the benefits of a friendship without the actual friendship and text is the easiest way to do this. If you want to talk to this person, have them call you. Tell them you want to talk and don't feel like texting what you have to say.
>>
>>17389245
Honestly, I don't know. It's not like this person is great.
>She has a lot of mental health and physical heath issues.
>She never said she cared about me, only liked me
>Basically broke things off via text would never call
>Was a virgin and didn't tell me until AFTER we had sex
I don't know if I like her because I'm attracted to her or if I stuck around because I felt bad for her and was lonely.
I've sat on this text message for 24 hours and I'm leaning towards keeping my silence.
It's not like we were dating. I never said she was my girlfriend. We were pretty much friends with benefits. Dinner, drinks, sleepovers, sex, cuddling, making out, etc.
>>
I just don't get why she felt the need to update me on her well-being when I damn sure didn't ask.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.