[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've found myself in a particularly confusing situation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1430597664640.gif (1MB, 349x194px) Image search: [Google]
1430597664640.gif
1MB, 349x194px
I've found myself in a particularly confusing situation, and I need advice on how to get out. The simplest way to put my problem is that I find myself in a situation where I cannot discern any other option but to kill myself. I don't want to, but it's the only plausible solution that I could find for essentially my entire life. I'll elaborate.

Basically, I've been severely depressed my entire life, being 21 now. I remember as young as 12 I'd have thoughts about suicide, based on the notion that I was somehow less than human. That's essentially how I've lived my entire life, with this deeply held feeling of self hatred.

This is where my situation becomes complicated. I sincerely do not want to end my life, I wish I could move past this and lead even a mediocre life. However, I'm don't believe that's feasible at this point. I've spent my entire life loathing myself, believing that I am objectively inferior to literally everyone around me, and deserve to die on the basis that it would benefit the world to not have to sustain an inherently useless entity like me. I've never once even felt indifferent towards myself, let alone liked myself, so I'm not sure how/if I ever could at this point.

To end this rambling post, I have to say my circumstance isn't from lack of trying. I've tried pills, therapy, I've reached out to friends, I've tried doing some deep soul searching, improving my health/fitness, basically every anti-depression solution I've heard of, but all I've ever done is get worse. I've run through every option I can find, and am at the point where I'm don't even know of anymore options than suicide. So this is my question, how does someone with my sort of deep-seeded self hatred learn to love them self, or is it even possible?
>>
>>17388574
>how does someone with my sort of deep-seeded self hatred learn to love them self

I learned to stop caring about myself. I put 90% of my effort into helping/supporting others. It helped me feel like I have a place in this world.
>>
>>17388583
I've heard this sort of thing a lot, but I've never seen anyone really specify what they mean by helping others. When it comes to my circle of friends I'm generally seen as the one people can rely on. I'll spot people money fairly regularly, I give usually pretty sound advice when people ask, and they tend to confide a lot in me. Aside from these things, I don't really know ways I can go out and help people.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133KB, 615x818px
>>17388574
>To end this rambling post, I have to say my circumstance isn't from lack of trying. I've tried pills, therapy, I've reached out to friends, I've tried doing some deep soul searching, improving my health/fitness, basically every anti-depression solution I've heard of, but all I've ever done is get worse.
meditate
and
read
some
books
by
jon kabat-zinn
and
this
guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
>>
>>17388600
Helping people by just giving advice when explicitly asked and lending money is really only helping them on a superficial level. What I mean by helping and supporting others is actually going out of your way to talk to them, find out who they really are as a person and what their struggles in life are/have been. Give them the encouragement and motivation to strive towards their goals in life, and push them to stand up when they fall.

Also; volunteer work, reputable charities, etc.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.