[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice on how to handle someone I've started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1367698629152.jpg (49KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1367698629152.jpg
49KB, 500x377px
Looking for advice on how to handle someone I've started hooking up with out of state but I have no intention to date:

I'll try to keep it short and to the point. I travel a lot for work, and use tinder as a way to meet/talk to women whenever I'm in a new city. I do a ton of work out of Atlanta, and I'm there every month or two for at least a week.

About two months ago I matched with a girl and ended up going out on a date the same night. She came back to my hotel and we ended up having sex. Since then I've been seeing her every time I go down there. We usually go out for dinner or some drinks and then go back to my hotel and fuck all night - she normally stays the night and leaves after I've leave to go into work. I don't know if these are considered dates or just us "going through the motions" before we have sex.

Anyway, while I'm not in Atlanta we still text every day. Nothing expressive of feelings, just casual banter and drunk sexting. Gets sexual a lot of times but just as often it's casual conversation.

I guess my question is neither of us have really established the awkward "what are we" deal. We've been seeing each other for a few months but neither of us have made any indication of wanting to take a next step. Frankly, I don't want to. She's good looking and good in bed but I have no desire to ever exclusively date her.

Should I eventually have a talk with her about expectations? I don't want to ruin what I have going by basically saying "we're never going to move past hooking up when I'm in town." But I also don't want to put myself in hot water when/if I call things off for whatever reason.

I feel like we're on the same page, but I wasn't sure if I should just keep my mouth shut and wait for her to say something about it (if she ever does) or if I should be upfront about it.

TL;DR should I tell a girl I'm sleeping with that I have no intentions of dating her or should I just continue to do what I'm doing until she brings it up?
>>
File: 1409602952247.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409602952247.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
Am I the only one that's ever dealt with a situation like this? Pic related.
>>
>>17387869
You're golden. Sounds like you're on the same page. Just be honest with her if the topic does come up. It's the right thing to do. In the meantime, just have fun.
>>
I got burnt in a similar suituation earlier this year, however, my arrangement was more of a sleeping over almost every night type of situation. I saw her almost every day. Didn't end well, when she finally brought up exclusivity and I told her I couldn't promise her anything. It ended then and there, because she had fallen madly in love with me, and now she fucking hates me.

You should listen to your guts. It's what I neglected to do. I knew she had fallen in love, but I ignored the signs -because- she never initiated the conversation.

You may proceed, but be careful. She might get hurt, she might not.
>>
>>17387869
I travel a lot for work but will not settle for one woman in one city. Don't tie yourself down
>>
>>17388922
You make a good point. Although I know she was fresh out of a relationship where to dude kinda dicked her over. So I don't think she's looking for anything serious. Could be wrong tho.

>>17388976

Who says I'm tying myself down? I normally see her 2-3 nights while I'm in town and the other nights are either spent relaxing alone or dating other women. It's the same in every city I visit lol
>>
>>17387869
I generally don't put my dick into someone without talking about expectations and what I'm looking for. The exception is if I'm open to anything -- either that it's just for fun or something that will lead to a long term relationship. One goal is to cut down on the drama, but I also don't want to hurt someone.

Getting laid is nice and all, but keeping my life uncomplicated and avoiding ill will is nicer.
>>
>>17389105

I see what you're saying. Not to sound like a douche or anything but if it came to that, I could easily get out of ever seeing her again. I stay at different hotels, and I don't travel to any set schedule, so she has no idea when I'll actually be visiting. I usually tell her a week or two beforehand so she knows when I'll be around.

So basically all I have to do is block her number and she'll never know where I am. Not really that kind of guy but I have an easy out if it gets there.
>>
>>17389110
Well ok, if you think acting like a douchebag is the way you want to go, it's your life. I think there's a lot of value in trying to treat people well even if in the short term there is a cost to you.

Considering that you only see her when you visit her town (and I assume there's little to no contact between those times) she probably isn't expecting much.
>>
>>17389273

I don't think you read my entire post. I stated that we talk regularly when I'm not in town. But never about feelings or "us"...just casual conversation
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.