[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have bipolar disorder. Why shouldn't I go NEET? See

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 3saWh.jpg (40KB, 416x451px) Image search: [Google]
3saWh.jpg
40KB, 416x451px
I have bipolar disorder.

Why shouldn't I go NEET?

See /adv/:
"Dating a bipolar? Are you stupid? Never date crazy, it's not worth it."

I feel subhuman. 4chan reflects what people feel but are too polite to say.

You all think people like me would be better off dead.

I am in favor of eugenics for this reason.

Why should I bother trying to keep up social standards when everyone judges bipolars as people who'd be better off dead anyway?

Pic unrelated, but I want her to slash my throat.
>>
Why do you care about eugenics? No one will remember you as a hero who offed himself for greater good. There are dumb people breeding all the time and single mothers who can't properly raise a child. World has enough problems with or without you.

If you aren't happy with yourself get treatment
>>
>>17386642
>4chan reflects what people feel but are too polite to say.
That's bullshit. 4chan reflects what a vocal minority thinks, most lack a normal social life as well, so their opinions on issue involving people tend to be based on lack of personal experience.

But to come to your questions...

>Why shouldn't I go NEET?
Outside of the financial downsides, it'd be a pretty unfulfilling life if you're not mentally challenged, and sorry to break it but BDP doesn't qualify for that.

>Why should I bother trying to keep up social standards when everyone judges bipolars as people who'd be better off dead anyway?
It's easier to live life that way.
>>
How am I supposed to attain any respectable level of success when I want to beat a hole in the wall for no apparent reason. My moods are out of control.

My dad was abusive and sociopathic and ending up like him would be the end of me. He's evil, something I never wanted to be. And if my genetics dictate that associating with people would only end in me hurting them, then

Why shouldn't I give up on trying to live honorably and merely collect disability as a video game and anime addicted shut-in?
>>
>>17386642
Be happy you get to feel good half the time.
>>
>>17386653
But is it treatable? The common opinion seems to be that people like me are beyond hope. Compound that with "those who were abused turn into abusers," and I feel hopeless.

>>17386656
I think most people my age, early to mid 20's are really judgmental.

I want friends but I have some belief that people like me are inherently toxic. I don't want to hurt anyone.
>>
>>17386660
At least you can do drugs. If I do drugs I'll go psychotic, delusional, "crazy."

I'd rather be major depressive and able to smoke weed than bipolar.
>>
Hey OP,

My father has bipolar disorder and he is a great role model and an even better father. Best of luck in your journey, you can and will be fine if you keep your head up.
>>
>>17386665
>I think most people my age, early to mid 20's are really judgmental.
Certainly but it applies to basically everything, like judging others over their taste of music ... most grow out of their idiocy and if they don't, you wouldn't want to be in their company either way.

>I have some belief that people like me are inherently toxic
Well, then you have a silly belief too. At least statistically (but from my own experience too) bipolar fags are more likely to hurt each other than anybody else ... which obviously sucks, but it sucks for you and won't hinder you making friends.

The disorder itself is rarely permanently treatable as far as I know but there are obviously means to ease it; and worrying about turning into an abuser is a good start for not turning into one. You don't need any kind of disorder to be a shitty person nor does having one suddenly turn you into one.
>>
>>17386658
genetics dont dictate, they predispose. you may have a greater struggle than most to control and master yourself, but it's up to you and you alone whether you fight that good fight or bend oved nad just let the sister take you in the ass
>>
>>17386673
One of my favorite musicians, Benn Jordan, The Flashbulb, has the disorder and he is a role model of mine.

I know bipolar people can be good, but my self-esteem is extremely fragile. I hate the fact that I can't meet, or haven't yet met the standards I feel that 4chan has made me feel the need to through 8-9 years of browsing it.

I feel like being anything less than perfect, I should kill myself.

I'm kind of venting right now. I get really hurt when I see people say that people like me are worthless and not worth talking to for things that are out of my control.

Sorry to be a bother. I know emotionality on 4chan is "so 2007."
>>
>>17386699
Nigga, it's 4chins. People hate on basically everything. Visit /g/, you get shit on for using the wrong OS or the wrong phone. Check /lit/, people get ballistic over a positive post about GRRMartin. Are you a bit too brown? Have a look at /pol/.

And all the craziness multiplies if you're a woman.
>>
>>17386718
Thanks.
>>
>>17386642
Personally, I don't think bipolar means crazy. Bipolar disorder, like depression or seasonal affective disorder is a mental illness. It's not a natural state of being. It's not a description inherent of one's character like their skin color or hair length or their nationality. It's not a sickness that infects your body and goes away naturally.

Do you feel like you are you when you have these symptoms? Are you happy with yourself in that condition? I was certainly not happy when I had my manic episodes. I was certainly not happy with who I was when I felt like harming myself.

As someone who was diagnosed and underwent treatment, I believe that it's not right to date someone when they are not right with themselves. When they say "don't date a bipolar person" that's what they mean. Getting close to someone who's suffering from a mental illness doesn't let them share the pain and feel better. Sadness doesn't behave like a contained physical object that can be divided. It just ends up spreading, and now both you and the other person feel terrible inside. It's not your fault - you don't catch depression by walking outside in the rain without a coat. You don't catch obsessive compulsive disorder by having sex with someone who also has it.

Remember this.
I don't believe they want you dead. I certainly don't want you dead.

It's better for all of us if you live on happily. Seek the help you need and overcome the challenge. Social standards have nothing to do with it. You'll be happy when you are happy with you.
>>
>>17386642
People judge you by your actions. Welcome to being alive.

Your actions are unduly influenced by biological processes in your body that are not standard for people.

SO, people are judging you because you act like a fuckhead.

The best way to stop that? Get the help you need and stop acting like a fuck head. Yeah, I know it's hard, but that's really all their is to it.

I had a close bipolar friend from high school. We were cool because he would act like a fucking loony toon treating people like angels one day and then acting like a total dick the next day. That never bothered me because I would just be a huge dick back or ignore him. Eventually we lost touch because he punched a good friend of mine and i had to choose between the two. It wasn't a hard choice.

10 years later, he moved to my current city. He is now taking lithium. He is now a totally different person. He is now living a normal and productive life.

Go get the help you need or otherwise? fuck off.
>>
>>17386811
Thanks for taking the time to respond. This may seem like an odd question, but do you have any self-help book recommendations? I have a feeling you know a lot about this stuff.

>>17386815
I get what you're saying. I don't like how you wrote it, but I understand. Thanks for the input. I guess I agree.
>>
>>17386642
Sorry, I just don't believe in "Bipolar."

It's a decent label to categorize erratic behavior, but that's about it.

When I was a wee bit younger, I was tossed on the Bipolar train also. Additionally, I'm sure they had good reason. I had mood swings (male btw, we have them too), would go from nice to prick in 0.21s flat, and could fill out any fucking form available that would be used to classify someone as bipolar.

I hung around, taking all kinds of fucking medications; benzos, other anxiety shit, seroquel (wow), lithium, prozac, zoloft, and whatever else is being peddled.

My doctor died. I had to get a new doctor. I brought my records (all of them), he reviewed them and was like:

>anon, you have 2 options here.
"okay."
>I can give you your regimen of meds and send you on your way, or you can let me help you help yourself.
"i just want off this stuff, but when I do, something stupid happens."
>anon, you'll do fine, have a little faith in yourself; if this doesn't work, we'll use medications. Deal?
"Deal."
>anon, go to anger management classes.
>see this person from xyz, who will stay in contact with me
>Does Anon accept this and want me to be his doctor?
"Yeah"
>Great! Anon, you're not bipolar and most who are diagnosed aren't. You need better structure and you have to learn self-control. I know you feel angry at the things you see in life, and I don't fault you, but the world isn't there for you to beat up when you're angry or in a bad mood for whatever reason.
"okay"
>Come back in 3 months, if you still need help, we'll figure it out. But do you see that shredder over there?
"Yes"
>I anticipate that's where we will put your file, because it's all lies that have been told to you anon. They're excuses for your behavior, and we don't want this file or these excuses to follow you around any longer.
"Okay"

3rd month passed after visiting his psychologist buddy and completing anger management, and went into his office and shredded that bullshit file.
>>
>>17386859
>It's a decent label to categorize erratic behavior, but that's about it.
Not according to science and fact and ya know, people who actually know wtf they're talking about.
>I don't believe in bipolar
I don't believe in how stupid you're being right now.
>>
>>17386859
Get the fuck out of my thread.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.