[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it sensible/possible to buy a box hair dye and use it in parts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (141KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 400x440px
Is it sensible/possible to buy a box hair dye and use it in parts? The instructions tell you to dispose of the unused surplus dye once it's mixed, but is there any reason to not only make a little bit of the mixture at a time, keeping the rest undisturbed in their containers?

I have very short hair that needs next to no dye at a time, but gets visible roots almost immediately, and wasting money on an entire box every few weeks would just feel massively frustrating and pointless.
>>
Box dye is cheap as fuck, why do you have to be such a tight ass about this? If all you want to do is touch up roots, get a kit just for touching up roots
>>
>>17385937
My hair is currently buzzed, it was literally dyed by my friend wiping her gloves on my scalp.

10 euros per box is a sizeable expense when I only need spoonfuls at a time, every few weeks.

Do they sell root kits at a regular grocery store? I can't recall seeing something with the definition.
>>
>>17385933

I'm curious about the answer to this myself OP.

I suspect mixing just a bit at a time is fine. Telling you to throw everything out is the company's way of getting you to spend more money buying a fresh box every time you need to dye your hair.
>>
>>17385975
The thing is, I personally see no reason NOT to do it like this, but 90% of the time I get a brilliant idea and can't see why everybody else isn't already doing it, I'm gonna learn the hard way exactly what the reason was, and people are going to laugh at me for not having seen the very-obvious-in-hindsight consequence in the first place.
>>
>>17385961
then learn how to mix hair dye and buy the developer and dyes separately. It'll be expensive at the start but cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>17385990
Does that work on bleaching hair? My mom is a chemist and I have a hunch she'd stop me.

Where do you buy the sort of thing, anyhow?
>>
>>17385961
Yes you can use it in parts but you need another plastic bottle or a plastic bowl to mix the color with the developer. As soon as you mix it you have to use it. But it's easy to portion it up. Just make sure you use equal amounts of both creams =)
>>
>>17386003
Watch some youtube videos on it so you know what you're doing, then go to a beauty supply shop.

By the way, a bleached buzz cut sounds horrible
>>
>>17386012
It looks fairly natural, actually. I'm naturally blond and the hair is still short enough to stand up so the roots aren't really visible unless you really go looking, but I'm starting to feel self-conscious of it.

And while hair this short may not be the best look for me, it was a dramatic improvement to the hideous disaster that I had to get rid of.

I've done my good and bad hair dyes and even a few perms (bad idea, both times. I'm amazed I'm not bald), but have you ever given yourself a haircut so ugly that you hands-down just have to shave yourself bald and start over?

0/10, lesson learnt.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.