[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ So I'm in school right now, and I spend a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

Hi /adv/
So I'm in school right now, and I spend a lot of time at a nearby coffee shop studying.
I've been going there enough that you could say I'm friends with some of the baristas and first name basis with most of the rest.
So one night I was chatting with one of my friends there and he commented that I should try and get a job with them.
My actual job is a driver for this pizza place, and I actually make pretty decent money in tips, but that's about it (No benefits, etc.)

I actually thought about at least putting in my name to this place, but my concern is that I'd be potentially shooting myself in the foot if I actually got the job.

So I'm asking /adv/, have you guys been in similar situations? what did you do?
>>
>>17385490
Do you think you'd enjoy working for a coffee shop?

Do you feel like the job satisfaction you'd get from being in such an environment would outweigh the potential decrease in money earned?

Do you think the unshackled train of social interaction working as a barista compared to being a pizza driver would get under your skin after a while?

To my mind, change like this is good. Working in coffee shops is pretty chill, if they're little independent places and not copy-pasted franchises. In answer to your question, I was working as a security officer for about four years and used to spend most of my time off at this cheap little arthouse cinema where the tickets were about as cheap as the coffee. I asked them for a job after about six months, which is also about as long as my job with them lasted once I got it. Working there definitely put a dampener on my appreciation for the place; once you've experienced life behind the scenes, it's never quite the same. I haven't been back there in about a year since I left, save one or two special occasions.

These are just things to consider, though. It entirely depends on how much you dislike the actual job of being a pizza driver and how much you think you'd enjoy brewing beanwater for eight hours a day.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.