[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a pretty fucked up situation /adv/, and there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (51KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 317x317px
I'm in a pretty fucked up situation /adv/, and there are so many emotions at play here that I really can't logically process anything. Any outside perspective would be greatly appreciated.

So I started dating this bipolar chick 2 years ago. Things have been rocky since fucking always but because I'm such a pussy with a savior complex I decided I'd try to stick it through and see if I could help her improve. She has slowly consumed my entire life and relies on me for absolutely everything (mental, emotional, financial) and has random breakdowns all the time. One time I told her we could use space and she basically tried to OD, and threatens to hurt herself if I don't spend every moment with her.

Meanwhile, I met this amazing girl who shares all of this attraction with me. We started texting (first mistake) and at first it was just as kind of a relief from all the pressure of my situation, but it started to escalate into feelings. One thing led to another and she invited me out, we hung out, and long story short we wound up having incredible sex.

Now the vibe with the new girl has become something where I'd like to pursue something serious with her. She feels the same way but I have no idea how the fuck to navigate this situation.

Last weird thing is at first I didn't feel any guilt about what happened, but it's almost as if the instant I cheated, my girls mood problems disappeared. Mind you I haven't spoken to her about anything, and yet she's been cooking for me, random backrubs, initiating sex all the time. And it's been multiplying my guilt like crazy.

tl;dr bipolar girlfriend of 2 years is abusive and consumes my life, met amazing different girl and slept with her, trying to figure out how to exit relationship without bipolar girl killing herself because she's head over heels in love with me.
>>
Bump. Anybody with experience would be appreciated.
>>
This is a difficult and all around shitty situation to be in, but you have to realize the part you played in it. You knew how serious her issues were and while you no doubt had some part of good intentions, there is also some cowardice and lack of character involved here, or you wouldn't be so happy to - one way or another - leave the situation now that you have a good alternative. That screams that you have known (and mourned, and processed) that this relationship wasn't working and wasn't going anywhere a long time ago. Yet you didn't act then, only now that there's a temptation coaxing you into acting.
So take that as a wake up call that you have some stuff to work out for yourself there.

I don't see a deus ex machina here. You'll have to break up with her and accept that she will go insane and perhaps try to kill herself. Research your options for informing police or helplines if you are worrying. If she has any friends, inform them of the break up and tell them to keep a close eye on her to make sure she isn't doing something stupid. Look into possibilities to potentially get someone put in psychiatric care against their will if you have clear signs that they will likely harm themselves otherwise in your specific reason. Honestly I would just try to consult a psychiatrist or therapist to get a clear idea of what your options are in case something goes wrong.

Ultimately it's on her, though. What are you gonna do? Live your life by her side so she won't off herself? Of course not. Take the leap already, and learn something from all this.
>>
>>17385518

Damn, you're right. I don't think I have accepted enough responsibility for my part in this, and a lot of this is incredible advice. Thank you so much for the response, I've got some thinking/planning to do.
>>
>So I started dating this bipolar chick

stopped reading there.
>>
>>17385458
Wow protagonist.
Trying to do harem route or some shit?

Personally, I find cheating more or less unforgivable.

But, you should never feel obligated to stand by somebody because you fear what might happen if you do not. I used to expect that of others, and it was an incredibly selfish thing to do, even with my mental condition.

Make a choice to be honest with both of them. If you lose them both, it kinda serves you right - accept that lesson and move on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.