[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep making really frustrating errors to do with common sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (159KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159KB, 500x282px
I keep making really frustrating errors to do with common sense at my weekend retail job. It may be scanning gift vouchers incorrectly, sending the wrong item down from the warehouse, or all manner of similar mistakes that suggest a common sense deficiency. Today I had to grab my manager to bail me out after I scanned a guy's vouchers incorrectly - afterwards I overheard him discussing my blunder with another manager and how "it's only anon" who makes these kinds of mistakes.

It's so frustrating - it feels like I have locked-in syndrome or something, where I just encounter these mental blocks and make frankly retarded errors. I'm also appallingly slow at picking items when I'm in the warehouse, and often cause a huge backlog of orders to get through when I'm delayed. I feel genuinely depressed and nihilistic because of this - it's got to the point where I feel so humiliated every time I go into work that I barely feel anything and am totally used to it. I'm a walking disaster and I'm guessing all my colleagues cringe when they see me rolling into work. What the fuck is this? Dyspraxia? Or am I just plain stupid? How do I live with either of these things? What caused it? How much do my co-workers despise me?
>>
how long have you been working this job?
>>
>>17385069
Maybe you just hate your job
>>
>>17385125
Since last September.
>>
File: SCHLONGED.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
SCHLONGED.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
Y'know, quit trying to label this with medical terminology. You don't have a syndrome. You either naturally suck at your awful job, or you don't give enough of a shit to do a good job at it.

And that's OK, either one. But quit looking for excuses and own it.

There's worse things than sucking at a shitty job that you don't love. Why would that make you feel bad? I'd probably be a shitty Starbucks coffee-slinger. I don't give a fuck, and they couldn't pay me enough to give a fuck, for that matter.
Toughen up, honey. You'll be fine.
>>
>>17385069
Sounds like anxiety to me. I get bouts of it at work where i feel like everything i do is wrong and im going round in circles when you know what you do but find yourself putting stuff in the fridge.

My worst about of it was my 3rd month into a completely new job. Started off well, knowing new skills but I just kept worrying i was going to do something wrong and worrying so much i did go wrong. My boss did a monthy review and made me freak saying i was not doing as well as he hoped by now. Had a good cry, researched online and found my problems likely due to anxiety. I knew I was doing my best but worrying I would fail was making me bad. I started working with a "don't give a shit" attitude, working properly but with the idea that if people don't like what i do they would tell me or fire me, end of. I broke out of the cycle in around a week after the talk with the boss.

I still have times like that, a lot of stuff going on and im acting out when I don' think I am thinking about stuff but it affects my work. Just do your best and dont give a crap. If your errors risk health and safety of others though, take a day off to recharge.
>>
>>17385163

I agree. Just apologise to anyone you inconvenience and make it your own. If you have to stay in this job for a bit, just own it and be 'that dude that fucks up but has a good heart'. If you apologise, try hard and treat people well, they wont hate you. Boss might fire you for being seemingly incompetent but fuck bosses man, their work turns them into cyborgs. At least you're human.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.